The Back Garden (2)


Another view of the patio, standing outside the dining room doors and looking across the back of the house. I think I'll tackle the pots as the first garden job as that will show an immediate improvement. Looking at the patio slabs, I think I may need to invest in a power washer but that can wait until the warmer weather is here.
It's all about choosing the new carpets today. I'm using the same company that supplied the curtains and also did the carpets in our previous home; I've been happy with their service every time so am choosing to stay with them for this expenditure as well. Once I know the price and the timescale I can organise the remainder of the decorating and also make a decision on whether to buy the armchair to match the sofas.

The electrics are all finished now with the exception of the speakers in the en-suite. That delay is down to a misunderstanding as I thought they were providing the new speakers and they thought I was! Talking to them today, I'm not going to rush to get this done but will take my time to plan the sound system I want (probably SONOS) and once I've decided, they'll advise which ceiling speakers I'll need to buy.  

Comments

  1. That rerally is a nice space, isn't it. I'm excited to see what you will do for/with it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with the hard landscaping. This year I get the excitement of designing the planting.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking garden. Those pots will look wonderful once all blooming. I can imagine sitting out there in the warmer weather reading a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the sun all afternoon so my one investment this year will be a patio umbrella. I like to ahve my breakfast outside when it is warm enough.

      Delete
  3. Your patio looks like such a cozy space - privacy, a pleasing view & potential. Not sure if there is anything you can plant in those pots for some winter interest. I have a neighbour that plants fake flowers in her pots so even in the winter she has colour (although a bit faded by now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My auntie used to plant plastic flowers in her front garden and then pretend they were real, watering them regularly ... she had daffodils all year round!

      Delete
  4. I really like your back garden and patio. I am looking forward to seeing what you might plant in your pots. Some evergreens maybe to provide some color during the winter and spring flowering bulbs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely some spring bulbs but I haven't decided on anything else yet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts