The Bathroom (2)

Well ... the vinyl is down in both bathrooms, I’m happy with my choice of flooring and it looks good except ... they didn’t seal around the edges and it all looks a bit unfinished. I asked them about it but they were adamant that their worksheet didn’t tell them to do any sealing so as far as they were concerned, that was the end of the conversation. I’ve logged a complaint but to be honest I don’t want them back and will ask N to do it when he comes to change the door handles ... at least I know he will do a good job.


This room is difficult to photograph - the border tiles act as mirrors so reflections are a bit of a nightmare! This is the new shower with a folding shower screen. There wasn't a shower in this room before so it was always difficult when I had people staying overnight. All I need to do is buy some sort of shower caddy to hold shampoo etc. and then it's complete.

I got one of my photos yesterday but failed miserably on the second one so will have to have a rethink! The arm chair has been ordered in the same fabric as the sofas and should be delivered in about 6 - 8 weeks so that’s another thing ticked off the list. I didn’t buy the storage boxes because the were such poor quality so will have to look around for something else, and I didn’t find a top to match my skirt so will have to keep looking.

I’ll be cooking some meals to portion and put in the freezer this morning so there won’t be much sorting done today. The curtain fitter returns this afternoon to fit the final set of curtains and curtain pole in my bedroom and then that order is complete and I can think about finishing off my bedroom. 

I'm looking forward to this evening as Lauren is coming over for a meal, probably a Chinese takeaway (said with confidence as that's what she always chooses!). Her mum is away on holiday, so it’ll be a chance to focus on how she is and chat about her plans for the future now she has finished her university course.

Comments

  1. I like your shower - yes bathrooms are hard to capture in a good way, I've tried. Unbelievable about the vinyl floor installers - it's not on our worksheet. It says two things to me (1) no care about their work OR (2) their employer doesn't allow for free on the spot decision making even if it involved customer care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was in a bad mood because I'd asked for the carpet to be sorted out on one of the stairs and he clearly didn't like that. The bathroom fitting were left in such a way that the flooring could be slotted underneath to avoid the cutting that they did (so only round the toilets needed cutting to shape) but they ignored that and cut around the cabinet and bath panel in such a way that sealing the edges in the only way to get a good finish. I'm quite happy with that but I expected them to do that as part of their job but the bad mood won on the day!

      Delete
  2. One would think that the finishng off was an essential part of the job and that it shouldn;t need to be logged as a separate item. What a cheek! Bad workmanship.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the customer service dept agreed but I'll make my own arrangements to get it sorted as I don't really want them back in the house.

      Delete
  3. Very understandable. And maybe an adjustment to the bill to compensate?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposedly 'free fitting' so probably not.

      Delete
  4. A folding shower screen! Something else that's new to me! Guess who hasn't looked at any fittings, etc. in over 20 years! Ha, ha.

    Too bad about the vinyl fitters poor work. I'm glad you complained. I wouldn't want them back in the house, myself. I'm glad you have someone who can finish the work for you.

    Hope you have a wonderful evening with Lauren (a friend? daughter of a friend?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's my friend's youngest daughter. I used to look after her when she was a toddler while her mum was at work.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts