The Bathroom (3)


The final shot of the bathroom with the new sink unit and mirror above. The mirror needs a good clean but guess who stupidly left the stepladder in the music room and then stacked loads of boxes in front of it? It'll just have to wait! I still need to fix the cabinet door handles, clear the window sill and arrange for the blind to be put back up, and have to decide whether I want wall mounted toilet roll holder, soap dish and toothbrush glass - all easy tasks which won't take long to sort out. 

You can see the gap around the toilet and the base of the cabinet where the vinyl has been cut and it's also more noticeable by the bath panel and near the door. The company contacted me yesterday to express their 'concern' that I had complained but did admit that the fitters should have finished off properly. He was going to arrange for them to return but I've declined and will arrange with N or my nephew for it to be finished off properly.

I had a lovely time with Lauren last night. I don't often get to see her on her own as usually her mum is there, so it was completely different, but so lovely to focus on her for a change. I need to remember this in the future and arrange to spend more time with just her. Later this morning G will be here to cut my (naturally curly) hair and leave me feeling human again. Then this evening it's the Family History Society meeting but I doubt I will go as it is all about an ongoing project they've been doing for the past year which I'm not involved in. That's the trouble with joining a society in a nearby town where my real interest is in my home town. The Trowbridge one (the one I really need to join) seems to have died out so I may try contacting the person who used to run it to see if there is any scope for resurrecting the group.

Comments

  1. sometimes FH groups can be a bit cliquey. They don't mean to be but sometimes they forget that they were new members too. All FH societies are suffering from internet takeover and membership has dropped because people think they can go on the internet for an evening or two and they will have "done" their family. Since my TV appearance last december I have had loads more information about several twigs on my tree - I should have blogged shouldn't I. Perhaps I'll do that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The evening is arranged in such a way that there isn't an opportunity to get to know people. Most don't turn up until a few minutes before the start and then leave immediately after it has finished, so I feel a bit of a Billy No Mates! The talks are interesting though.

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely. (Stop making me jealous!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... but at least you have a beautiful patchwork chair. I didn't manage to fit one of those in!

      Delete
  3. The bathroom looks lovely! I opted for wooden under sink cabinet in my bathroom, but now, I wish I had chosen white, instead. Maybe I'll paint it, one day.

    Glad you had a fun evening with Lauren (thank you for explaining who she is); young adults are different when they are not with their parents, aren't they? Suddenly, they have more to say, more opinions to share, and become individuals, rather than "someone's offspring"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts