The Chicken Jug


The kitchen window is looking a bit empty! There were two pots of cacti which had belonged to my late partner  but, not being a lover of cacti, I didn't want to keep them so recently donated them to Lauren. She already has a small collection so she was happy and I was glad to see the back of them, so a win-win resolution. I now need to think about how to use the space. The chicken jug was a birthday gift from Julie and will definitely be staying but may end up on display in the dresser. I'll probably add a row of small pots to grow some of the herbs I use. I'd like to copy an idea I've seen online so need to look for some suitable pots - the ones I'm copying the idea from are way too expensive for me so I'm going for the homemade cut-price version. I'm not saying any more so you'll have to wait a few weeks for the reveal!

In the end I didn't finish the admin tasks yesterday. I suppressed the guilty feeling and snuggled up with my book for the rest of the day ... and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The adult part of my brain has kicked in this morning and I've tackled all of the admin that needs to be done. Apart from a bit more sorting through stuff still in cupboards (most of which will be shredded or filed) I think that the personal admin side of life is pretty much up to date and I just have the band stuff to check through, but that is a task for tomorrow.

I'm supposed to be spending the evening with Julie and Lauren (yet another takeaway, at their home this time!) but we may postpone till next week. The forecast is for snow this evening and, although I don't think it will settle, I don't want to be driving home in the dark with poor weather conditions. We'll make the decision later on today.

Comments

  1. I'd postpone - it's the wiser option and you never know with snow. It doesn't take much of a change of temperature to settle.
    But that's just me - maybe I lack courage. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd just finished speaking to Julie to cancel tonight's arrangements and then I read your comment. Great minds think alike! We're just on the edge of the area in the south west where an amber weather warning has been announced, so it's not worth the risk. I hate driving in sleet and/or snow and avoid it whenever possible so I won't be venturing out unless absolutely necessary.

      Delete
  2. A very cheerful jug. I cannot wait to see your herb garden on the ledge. I'm sure you'll enjoy your evening a home, snuggled into your reading chair with a good book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thoroughly enjoyed my evening in, thanks Mary-Lou. I'm not good in snowy conditions and feel the needs to hibernate!

      Delete
  3. Very cute jug! I'm glad you decided to stay home. I wouldn't like to be out driving in weather like that. Stay warm and safe! It is raining, here, this morning, with thunder and lightning! We rarely get thunderstorms, so, it's a bit of an event when that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thunderstorms are a regular event here, so I'm okay with them. I can remember as a young child sitting inside during a thunderstorm and being afraid, and mum telling us that it was just Old Man Thunder doing his housework. We sat there and every time there was a thunder clap or a lightning flash she told us what it was - he's just dropped the wardrobe down the stairs, or he's dragging a chair across the room, or he's testing his light bulbs to see if they need changing. Happy memories!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts