The Garage (1)

Next, the garage. It's packed and impossible to move around in this part but luckily some of it isn't my problem. 

Most of the space is taken up by the tubas which the band are supposed to be selling; we moved them here to create more space where the other instruments are stored and of course it's been a case of out of sight, out of mind. I'll raise it at the next committee meeting and agree a date for getting them photographed and advertised, and who is going to do it ... not me, hopefully! 

The black bags are filled with gravel, some of which will go on the front garden and the rest offered 'free to collector'. The problem as far as I'm concerned is that the bags were filled by my nephew, who doesn't seem to know his own strength, and they are way too heavy to move! There's also some of my late partner's stuff to sell but I'm not sure what everything is, so will need to do some research. 


It's going to be an odds and ends sort of day. I need to go out for some eggs and vegetables, deliver my nephew's birthday card, and take some more rubbish to the skip. Then ... I'm not sure. Definitely nothing in the house as that's on the back burner until the carpets are fitted now so maybe something in the garden providing it warms up a bit!

Comments

  1. It's supposed to be a bit warmer aroun d here so myabe you will get a bit of garden done. I ought to follow your good example but there's no time today. Maybe tomorrow.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is warmer here but I have the chills so any thoughts of starting on the garden have been shelved. I'm keeping warm inside, have a stew bubbling away in the slow cooker and am trying to work out a shopping list for the new recipes I'd like to try out.

      Delete
  2. Is your goal for the garage to be able to put your car in there? I think you're right about garage storage being the out of sight out of mind & if the band group has a date to work to (no take backs) you'll get to re-claim that space soon! I wonder what treasures you'll find in there besides the gravel (to use soon for the front garden).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that I'll garage the car every night but it will be useful to have that option on evenings when I have a group of friends round as kerbside parking is fairly limited and that'll allow one of them to park on my drive.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes, garages! Mine is supposed to be a 2-car garage, but I have trouble finding enough room to park my 1 car! I do park it inside the garage, at all times, but, there's much junk being stored in the garage, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to be able to keep the garage reasonably empty but with enough stuff in there so that I don't get asked to store things for other people - I don't mind for a few weeks but in the past have been stuck with other people's stuff for months and in one case, years!

    So is clearing out your garage on your mile long to do list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! And cleaning out the shed, as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts