The Living Room (1)


The only thing I achieved yesterday was to move the davenport desk back into the living room. It's been in the music room out of harm's way and now needs a good polish, but that's for another day! It doesn't look like it in the photo (I used my phone again!) but the walls are white and there isn't such a yellow tinge to the sofas and carpet.

The side table is one of a pair, both of which will be replaced as soon as I see something more suitable, preferably with a taller nest of tables, as that means the large sofa can be moved closer to the davenport to make space for an armchair at the other end of the room. I'll also be looking out for a set of pictures/photographs for the long wall, and need to find somewhere else to place the WiFi thermostat for the central heating (the white unit on top of the davenport). That's the best corner in the room for it but I don't like it where it is so may have to organise a small shelf behind the photograph so that it's hidden from view. The photo is of my late partner and will always be on display.

Comments

  1. So beautiful, Eileen.
    I live it. The colours are so soft.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phone photo or not - I think it looks lovely, elegant and homely. I can see I'm going to have to get hold of my courage and choose some more adventurous curtains when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprised myself with my choice for the curtains. They make more of a statement than my usual approach but I'm glad I made the choice I did as they really add colour and warmth to the room.

      Delete
  3. It looks beautiful, Eileen, and I really like your curtains. I am looking at how clean and uncluttered your living room is in comparison to mine and I'm sighing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly sure it won't stay clean and uncluttered once the novelty of the new furniture has worn off!

      Delete
  4. Such a comfortable looking room, very welcoming. I really like your davenport, a beautiful piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. It's the only piece of furniture I've kept from the previous house.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts