Friday

Sometimes it pays to ignore the housework. When he was tidying away yesterday J hoovered all the upstairs carpets and all of the stair carpet. He’s back today working on the downstairs doors so I have my fingers crossed that he will do the living room carpet today!

Thank you all for your comments yesterday and yes, I am feeling much better. I'm still being sensible and not rushing about but I'm ready to get on with things once J has finished and is out of the house. I think I need to learn to pace myself!

Here's the latest addition to the house ...


... a small folding glass topped table, intended for the garden in the summer but doubling up as a side table until it is warm enough to sit outside. It's just the right size to fit into the space by the reading chair and has made me rethink what I'd like to have there. Up till now I've been looking for mahogany tables but haven't had any luck finding either the right size or shape, and it's been on my mind that solid wood next to a radiator is not the best idea. I like this idea of a coloured table (but not this one as it is too blue) and have been looking online at better quality glass topped tables. There's plenty of choice and that's what I'll go for if I can find one that I like. If not, there are lots of small round side tables with coloured tops, relatively cheap, which would also fit nicely - there's even pink topped ones!

There's now five portions of pea and ham soup in the freezer, with very little effort on my part - slow cookers are wonderful things! I didn't do the breakfast muffins as there was too much dust flying about from sanding the doors so I wouldn't have been able to leave them on the side to cool. I'll have to do those tomorrow, so today I'll cook up a chilli and possibly a chickpea curry (new recipe), and also roast pork for my evening meal. Then I can freeze lots of bubble and squeak to use up the left overs.

I'm soldiering on with the book group read ('The Secret Place' by Tana French) but it hasn't really grabbed my attention. I'm about a third of the way through and it's gone a bit weird with some of the characters being able to make lights switch on and off, and move object without touching them! It's not quite the detective novel I thought it was going to be but I'll keep going with it.

Comments

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous. Those colours much look wonderful against your neutral background. If it were me, I'd never want to put it out again. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like your table. If you get sick of it you can always put a tablecloth over it. I needed something similar & found the perfect size (round also) at Ikea, which was also intended as a patio table (it's painted metal). I found a colour matching my deco in a round tablecloth - perfection at only $19.99 (CDN), now I can change the season with a tablecloth (made or bought!) Hopefully you can get all your cooking done today & have the weekend to rest or adventure depending on how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tablecloth is a good idea. I hope to get to IKEA quite soon as I have an ever growing list of things I need from there - that's need, not want! 😉

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful table and I can well imagine placing an ice-cold glass of white wine on it, come the summer.
    I'd be interested to hear how one makes pea'n'ham soup in the slow cooker. I'd like to give it a go meself!
    Glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the recipe I used this time, tweaked for my own tastes so no celery and this time I added a medium sized potato.

      http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-pea-and-ham-soup-slimming-world/

      Scroll right to the bottom for the slow cooker instructions.

      Delete
  4. Your little round table is gorgeous! I'd be tempted to keep it indoors! I'm glad J did the vacuuming for you, yesterday! Hope he did it today, too! I'm smiling because, it was too wet for my gardener M to work in the garden, today, and so, he offered to vacuum my house for me and I took him up on his offer! :) Well done on all the cooking and freezing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably will keep in indoors ... it's growing on me a is just right for the space.

      We both did well with people helping out with the hoovering. I think you have a very good friend in M but I know that you appreciate that. Yes, J did the hoovering again once he'd finished all the messy work - entire house, carpets, hard flooring and vinyl.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts