Friday

I'm patting myself on the back because I got up early (6:52 am!) and started on the admin backlog straight away ... even before my first mug of coffee!

I whizzed through most of the admin so was ready to go into town to finish the banking and check in with the Town Hall (where the band practices) just before the manager of the cleaning company arrived to quote for their services. She was here for about 30 minutes and we've agreed that a cleaner will come for two hours once a fortnight. I can use that time how I want and there is always the option of paying for more time occasionally if there are other one-off jobs I'd like done. They also do ironing if I am interested, an although I wouldn't use this part of their service regularly, I'm thinking it'll be useful for my band uniform shirts which are a nightmare to iron!! We've left it that she will contact me next week to introduce the cleaner and agree the day, time, and start date.

Next it was down to the bank for personal banking and also some for the band. Coincidentally I was served by the auntie of two sisters in the band ... a small world! After that I popped into the Town Hall to pay for the room hire and to check the bookings for the the practice rooms for next month.

Trowbridge Town Hall
Afterwards I wandered into WH Smiths to look for some calligraphy practice books but they don't have any so I will have to order online. Then a quick car ride to the chemist to collect two prescriptions, and I'm now back at home.

The first load of washing is now drying (tumble dryer), I've changed the bedding, and my lunch is cooking as I type this. This afternoon I have the choice of continuing with the admin, or catching up on some reading ... it could go either way!

Comments

  1. A very productive morning. What a lovely treat for yourself having a cleaning person help out. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day & the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely hate doing housework so this, if it works out, will make a big difference to me. Also, shoulder problems mean that hoovering and reaching up to clean is painful, so I keep putting things off.

      I hope you and Mr Man have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! You put in practically a full day's productivity into one morning! Way to go! Now, if you can pass on the energy bottle over to me, that would be lovely! Hope the rest of the day went the way you wanted it to go. Have a lovely weekend, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that procrastinating for nothing ... in the end I whizzed through most of the stuff and it's done and off my mind. Why do I never learn? I still have some to do on Monday but that shouldn't take long and then it's completely up to date. Sorry, I can't loan you the energy bottle because I still have the decluttering/sorting to do 😂😂

      Delete
  3. Good for you. Isn't it lovely when it's all done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a lovely feeling. It's that silly situation where I spent more time worrying/thinking/avoiding than it actually took to get it done!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts