Games Nights

Thank you for your comments on my recent posts and my apologies for not doing the rounds and commenting on your posts. My energy levels are non existent and, at the moment, everything is a struggle. I have an appointment with the doctor next week, so hopefully he'll be able to get me back on track.


Games nights are becoming really popular - three new ones have appeared on the local Meet Up sites in the last month. I tried to get one started a couple of years ago but it didn't take off, mainly due to one of the regulars being a poor loser and others dropping out because of it!

Anyway, I haven't been to any of the new ones but my friend A has and has reported back. The one she went to played all new group games (like Werewolf) and the group were mainly 20s and 30s, and looking at the other groups in a bit more detail, they seem to be the same. I've since chatted with A and with other friends and the consensus is that we'd all like to have a games night but would prefer to play traditional board games.

So, if we can agree a date, we'll revisit the idea of a games night and depending on how many are interested I may host it here. In the meantime, I'm looking for all my games, which seem to be spread all around the house, and have allocated the top two shelves of one of the playroom cupboards to their storage. The stuff on the bottom shelf in the photo is to do with my family tree research and will be moved as soon as I've cleared a space for it - the shelf isn't warped, it's just the angle at which the photo was taken!

The job isn't finished but that's all I'm going to do today. I'll get some lunch (soup and a sandwich) and then settle down for the afternoon with a new book. I need to get on and read the book group choice for this month ... 'The Secret Place' by Tana French.

Comments

  1. Curling up in a chair with a book on a windy wet day sounds like perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the book sounds interesting.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts