Monday

It's been a busy morning so far. Monday morning is all about admin, doing the things I haven't cleared during the week and preparing for lessons now that I've started teaching again. I haven't tackled the remainder of the band backlog (that'll be done later in the week). 

I have done all the personal admin type things that needed my attention, looking ahead to next week as well. Today this has involved providing another reference for an ex band member, paying a couple of invoices, buying a theatre ticket to see Fiddler on the Roof, writing two birthday cards for friends who I'll see tonight, and getting some music exercises ready for the after school lessons.


These exercises will be stuck in their notebooks for practice during the week, so I've (eventually) attached the double sided sellotape to them - I'm not good with sellotape and always end up in a bit of a tangle, but it does save time during the lesson if I prepare them beforehand.

All of this has taken about 90 minutes. It wouldn't normally take this long but I had to keep stopping because the boiler engineer turned up to carry out the annual boiler service. 

The rest of the day until 3:30 pm is mine to do as I please but I don't really have any plans that'll take me out of the house. I hope to finish sorting through the big box from the music room and may do a bit of playing myself ... we'll see!

I'm seeing a couple of children after school for 30 minutes each for their first private lessons with me. It should be four but one is poorly and the other is away on a school trip, so this will ease me gently back in to teaching. I'm looking forward to it, though may have to have a nap before lessons start as I didn't sleep well last night and already feel tired! 

Tonight is the monthly book group which is usually on a Tuesday but had to be rescheduled to a Monday because of various people's commitments. I didn't particularly enjoy the book this time so it'll be interesting to hear what the others thought of it.

Comments

  1. Hoping you enjoy your tuition as much as I do. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it. It was the right decision 😊

      Delete
  2. Exciting day ahead with the private lessons - that's probably why you didn't sleep well - anticipation. Good luck, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. It was much better than I thought it would be and I'm looking forward to the next sessions.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your lessons. I am thinking of joining u3a because there are lots of music lesson opportunities. Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which instrument are you thinking of learning?

      Delete
  4. You sound way better! Hope that's the case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am much better thanks. My energy levels are improving and as I start to feel better, so is my enthusiasm for all my interests.

      Delete
  5. Gosh, you've been busy :) Well done for achieving so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. Thankfully all achieved sitting down, unlike your efforts with the bark chippings!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts