Wednesday

I chose not to go out for a walk yesterday afternoon but opted instead for a long soak in a warm bath to get rid of the headache. Success! I'm not sure why I had the headache in the first place but I am prone to them so it's just a case of deal with it and move on!

In the end very little sorting of paperwork was achieved yesterday, entirely down to problems with the printer. 


I needed to print out a letter to send off but did the printer want to play nicely? No, it didn’t! It responded to the print command but failed to print anything - churning out completely blank pages. I've never had a complete failure to print before as usually it is simply a case of starting the program to clean the printing nozzles and the problem is solved. Anyway, after lots of panicking (on my part) and refusals to cooperate (on the printer's part) I managed to get it working again and we're sort of friends again! However, that took so long that I'd lost the will to do any more admin and have left the rest to look at today. I did print the letter I needed ... just in case!

In between phone calls last night I reached a couple of decisions - that I'll arrange to have a cleaner, and that I'll follow the Slimming World eating plan. Both things have been bubbling away in the back of my mind and I've decided that I need to try both to see how they work out for me. I've selected the cleaning company and someone will be visiting on Friday to assess the house and agree a price. Realistically, I think it will be someone coming once a fortnight rather than once a week but I'll be very happy if that turns out to be the case. With Slimming World I've decided to do the online option so am waiting for the books to arrive, although I've already started cooking some of the Slimming World recipes that I've found online.

As for today, I'll work through a bit of the admin, do the washing up which I didn't bother to do yesterday and hope to spend a little time in the garden to start tidying up.

Comments

  1. Good for you for both your decisions! Having a cleaner takes a lot ofg stuff off my shoulders and means that whetever I do or don't do, the place gets a regular going over. And you know what I think of Slimming World. I look forward to reading how it all goes for you.

    The other day my printer suddenly refused to speak to my computer. I had to do all sorts of restarts before the connection came back up and I never found why. I wasn't happy but what can you do?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good just to have reached a decision. With the cleaning I just want enough done to stay on top of things so that the house is 'visitor ready', especially now I'm going to be teaching from home. Slimming World is a bit of a no brainer and I don't know why I've been hesitating, but I need to refill stock items and some more freezer stuff so now is as good a time as any to start. Be prepared for lots of questions! 😂😂

      Delete
  2. How is Slimming World any different to just eating healthily?I eat a very healthy meat and two veg main meal plus a WW yogurt.Lunchtime is a low calorie soup.I do enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.I never eat chocolate ,cakes or biscuits.I get tempted by cheese and crisps.I am tempted by Slimming World but can’t get my head round how it would work for me.Please give me some guidance as I do need to lose weight!,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably not the best person to ask about this as I am not familiar with their lastest plan. It is, as you say, healthy eating but until I read the booklets and fully understand the plan I can't really offer any advice. I did it years ago and lost a lot of weight but I know that the plan has changed considerably since then.

      If you go to the Slimming World website you can opt to receive a one off email showing a 7 day meal plan which may answer some of your questions. Failing that, try this website where two chefs have devised loads of Slimming World Friendly recipes and also provide some details about the SW plan - http://pinchofnom.com/

      Delete
  3. Glad you made your decisions! I think sometimes when they are there in your mind it's best to just leap on them. I'm not sure I could have a cleaner - I'd want to make sure things are clean before they came lol, which would defeat the whole purpose of a cleaner.

    My printer and I are currently on speaking terms, but not all the time. Once in a while it will decide to be awkward and print just one page and nothing else. I usually have to uninstall and reinstall again. I don't use it too often though so I'm not complaining too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just tidy round a bit, if needed, before the cleaner comes so that he/she is actually cleaning when here. Now a lot of the unwanted stuff has left the house I am finding it a lot easier to keep the place tidy, so that's not going to be the issue it once once!

      I have an eco tank printer for printing photographs but use it for general printing as well and so far it has been very reliable so the failure to print was a bit of a shock.

      Delete
  4. Glad to read that the headache went away, yesterday, and the printer is working again, today. The last time I tried to print something, the printer informed me that it was out of ink! I don't print things that often, so, I think what happens is, the ink just dries up!

    Well done on deciding to have a cleaner come in and to join Slimming World. I've looked at some of their recipes, online, but I am not sure how low carb their meals are. I am looking forward to hearing more about it, once you start the program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been following several blogs and groups on Facebook 'listening' to the comments of people who understand the plan and have been doing it effectively for a while. Quite a few follow low carb within the 'rules' of the plan so it seems to be possible. I'll be able to say more when I've read the books.

      Delete
  5. technology is my friend ... technology is my friend. Sometimes it's just a matter of the way you hold your tongue that they work or don't work ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided the printer is now a teenager and was just having a strop! I crept into the playroom today so it didn't know I was here and it has printed as it should ... I obviously caught it on a bad day yesterday!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts