Friday

I slept well last night despite the wind, which raged all night and is still blowing a hoolie out there today. I was woken a few times by the noise but each time, went back to sleep quickly. My retail therapy tired me out!

So as promised, here's what I bought in IKEA yesterday ...

For the kitchen | a splash guard for the frying pan, three pots for herbs (but now think I should have got a bigger size!), pasta bowls to match my plates, and some silicone muffin cases. My impulse buy was the paper napkins ... they weren't on the list but I don't have any, so will be used.



For the living room | a pink and cream throw.



For the bathroom | three white face cloths and a loo brush.



For the bedroom | coat hangers and shoulder shapers for when I get round to sorting out my clothes (this may encourage me to get on with it!).



and a fitted single sheet for the spare bedroom. The four smaller boxes belong with the two larger boxes and will be assembled into two bedside cabinets for my own bedroom. The cabinets are white and the only choice of the smaller boxes was this brown or dark blue, neither of which are correct. I can use the small boxes for gifts or maybe somewhere else in the house so will look around for alternatives in the correct colour. 


Comments

  1. What a lovely little shop :) It is so many years since I went in an Ikea I doubt I would recognise the place if I was near one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased that everything on my list was in stock as that’s been a problem my last couple of trips to the store. They still have the room displays - that hasn’t changed!

      Delete
  2. Nice little haul! I particularly liked the throw. Lovely for the spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased with the throw. I like cuddling up under a snuggle blanket and this one is a perfect size.

      Delete
  3. You scored big time at Ikea. I particularly like the fluted muffin cases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re much nicer than the ones I’ve been looking at online.

      Delete
  4. Those are all lovely things for your home. I detect a pink and white theme! :) Glad you got the throw for your reading chair. They opened a new Ikea not too far from me, that is supposed to be one of the biggest! I thought their old store was big enough! I have been wanting to go to the new store, but haven't done so, yet. I am not planning to buy anything, but, no doubt I'll see many things I'd like to buy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a lot of pink in the house 😁 My late partner wouldn’t have like it at all but I think it makes the place warm and cosy.

      I couldn’t resist a trip if there was a store close to home. You have more willpower than me!

      Delete
  5. I love IKEA - they always have something useful! Well done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have bought loads more in their Marketplace but gave myself a good taking too and stuck to the list! Except for the napkins 😂

      Delete
  6. Fantastisk! Must have been very satisfying.
    I keep meaning to ask whether that missing bedding has surfaced, yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the bedding has been found. I kept one set for spare and the rest has gone to the charity shop.

      Delete
  7. IKEA always useful...
    have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. I agree, Ikea is full of very useful things.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts