Saturday

Obviously, my joyful activity for today was band practice! It was good fun as always with the challenge (for the kids) of new music to try out. It was our final practice before Easter and we now have a three week break before we resume for the summer term.

After practice is was back home for lunch and a quick walk around the garden.

lovely colour on the crab apple tree
I watched Gardeners World last night and according to the wonderful Monty Don it is now time to prune lace-cap hydrangeas. I've had a look at mine and I think his must be further along than mine as there is very little new green growth to see so I will leave it for a few days before I get the secateurs out.

I have another food delivery coming this afternoon, this time store cupboard items. Once that's here I will be in a better position to attempt to follow the Slimming World plan properly so later on I will search through the SW friendly recipes and decide on meals for the next week or so. I'll need to shop for fresh fruit and veg next week but I have enough to last until Tuesday, so there's no need to rush out to stock up.

The rest of the day will be spent at home. I have a couple of letters to write to penfriends and I'd like to carry on with my family tree research if I have time. The Brokenwood Mysteries is on TV tonight so I plan to be settled in front of the TV to watch that, then a bit of reading, a soak in the bath and an early night ... an entire afternoon and evening of joyful activities!

Comments

  1. I love your daily joyful activity, and another blogger sits each day for 20 minutes, just for herself, both sound worth while practice's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely recommend the joyful activity approach. It’s already made a difference to my mood and my outlook in general.

      Delete
  2. I would recommend the Pinch of Nom book for some great SW friendly recipes.

    Love the sound of your day - good for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if you’d bought that book. Thanks for the recommendation and I’ll try to get a copy tomorrow.

      I’m having a lovely day x

      Delete
  3. Who needs flowers in a garden with leaves like that? Lovely!

    Your joyful activity of the day sounds like it was quite fun. I'm sure the break is welcome, too! Hope you have a lovely rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I see beautiful leaves like this it makes me wonder whether to go for plants where the foliage is the star, and then have flowers for the summer in pots.

      Hope you have a lovely day too Bless.

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful pic - the essence of spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts