Sunday


My joyful activity for today is in two parts. Part 1 was to purchase this book; after trailing round numerous stores to be told they'd sold out, I was walking back to the car and I passed the bookshop, which I didn't realise was open on a Sunday, and there on the first display were their last three copies of the book. Part 2 is to sit down with a coffee and look through the book to see what I fancy cooking first. I've been cooking up some of the recipes on their website but think I will prefer the book as the website has, understandably, lots of adverts to scroll through.

And that's the sum total of my activities and plans for the day! It's much cooler so I can't see me spending any time in the garden or going out to take any photos, but I may just summon up enough energy to cook one of the recipes from the book.

It's the last day of the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt today so I'll post the linky tomorrow for your final selection posts.

Comments

  1. We can't find a copy anywhere local.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this copy in Waterstones. They had a second delivery but said the books were selling almost as soon as they put them on the shelves.

      Delete
  2. HALF PRICE???? That's so not fair! < grin >
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{grin}} ... I need the money I saved on the book because I may have bought a Tefal ActiFry 😁😁
      Actually, there’s no ‘may’ about it - one of my friends has one and I’ve been considering it for a while and decided to use some of my teaching money for it. 😁😁

      The book is excellent. Someone on Facebook has worked out the syn values for each recipe so I’m ready to start.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It’s full of recipes I know I’ll use - nothing too fancy, just sensible slimming meals.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found the book and at half price, too! I love reading recipe books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky to get a copy - it’s sold out in most stores. Recently I’ve been happy to look at recipes online but the pinch of nom website has lots of adverts and takes time to find the actual recipe. This is the first recipe book I’ve bought in ages and I sent most of my old ones to the charity shop a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  5. I love recipe books! Glad you found it at a bargain too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts