Tuesday

In the end, yesterday turned out to be a lovely day. I nipped out first thing to pick up the second hand side table I showed in my last post, and then I spent the rest of the day at home. It was a day filled with a few tears but mostly happy memories of our time together ... I was so lucky to meet and spend most of my adult life with him.

Teaching was fun. The Wednesday child is now also coming on Monday so I'm doing it all on one day, which suits me. The three I saw last week have all practiced and improvements can be seen - for two of them it was just a case of slowing them down and getting them to work on the basics, and the other one is focusing on correcting a poor technique. Little steps forward each week and they will soon see big differences in their playing. 

Today I slept in but woke up feeling ready to tackle the music room. This is how it looked when I started! .....


The only things in the photo that belong in the room are the brown cornet case (bottom left), the checked bag and black bag (top right), and the black music stand (centre). All the rest is either for sale or donation to a charity shop, belongs in other rooms in the house, or needs to go to the skip.

I've started by opening all the boxes and moving the old cameras and audio equipment into the dining room. The camera equipment will be sold and the money invested in a better quality digital camera, and the money from the audio equipment will be used to finance the purchase of a multi room audio system. The keeps have been placed in their new homes around the house, so it's also looking more homely in most rooms for very little effort on my part.

I suppose I spent a little under two hours on this before I ran out of energy - too many up-and-down the stairs. I definitely got enough exercise today! This is what the room looks like now.


The instrument in the big brown case is my tenor horn which was in the hall but I've moved it back into the room to get it out of the way. Look, I can see the floor! Tomorrow, or later today if I get a second wind, I want to finish opening the boxes to find the rest of the camera and audio equipment, and the other ornaments I want to keep. 

The cameras and audio equipment are stacked on the dining room table, and once I've found the rest, I'll contact the local company to arrange the sale. The boxes under the monopoly set of the right of the photo all contain donations for the charity shop but I'll wait until I've finished looking through everything before I take them in.

I was dreading sorting this but as to be expected, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I've made a good start and I think I'll get my music room back much sooner than I thought I would. 

Comments

  1. Good for you - a job well done! Is that a Tardis cookie jar? That definitely needs a place of honour. To me the Tardis is a symbol of where we can go, if only in our imagination. I know! it can become the travel money jar. Ooops, sorry for just pushing in there.

    I'm glad to hear that yesterday was more positive than not - happy memories of your time with Ced are such a gift to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, I'm glad to read that yesterday turned out to be a lovely day, after all. Yes, cherish those happy memories.

    Wow, you got a lot accomplished in your music room! Yay! You found your floor! LOL! That's just how I felt when I managed to clear some space in my spare room! You've motivated me to spend another hour or so in my spare room, today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making good progress. IT's better once you get going isn't it.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I feel uplifted and unencumbered just reading it! So pleased to hear that the day brought happy memories. I did think of you as promised. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congratulations. Looks like significant progress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts