Wednesday

Like most of the country, I should image, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night with Storm Freya banging and crashing about outside my bedroom window. It's still raining and is very windy, but it has eased off from last night.

Anyway, I've summoned up the energy to do another stint clearing out the music room and at the end of today's session the room looks like this ...


... I spy a rather dusty piano!

I now have to concentrate on disposing of the audio equipment, and to finish finding places for the stuff I want to keep. I still haven't gathered all the unwanted cameras in one place - I remember stupidly putting two of the camera bags inside the cupboard next to the doll's house, so it's going to be a few more days before I can retrieve them.

Happy finds today include the calligraphy books I thought had been thrown out, some more ornaments I want to keep, a couple of silver photo frames, and some puzzle books.

I now have three big boxes of donations for the charity shop and two black bags of rubbish for the skip. I think there'll probably be some more but it'll clear a lot of space if I move it out of the house as soon as possible. So tomorrow, if I get up early enough I'll take the boxes to the charity shop; I have to be home in time for G to cut my hair and I'm expecting a delivery in the afternoon. The skip run will have to be at the weekend as the centre is closed on Thursdays and Fridays, so for now I may move it into the garage.

I've had enough for today so once I press 'Publish' I'm going to curl up on the sofa and read. If I do feel like it later, I will continue finding places for the things I want to keep.

Comments

  1. You're doing great; one bite at a time is all it takes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness you have a big job on your hands there. I don't blame you for thinking enough is enough and curling up on the sofa with your book especially as the weather hasn't been that kind over the last few days.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm near the end of it now, this is the last of it. I started with two bedrooms completely filled from floor to ceiling!

      Delete
  3. Glad you got through the storm, safely. You accomplished quite a lot in your room! I wanted to do some cleaning in my spare room, too, but ran out of energy, yesterday! Ooh, you have a doll's house! I thought I saw it peeking out in one of the photos in yesterday's post, but wasn't quite sure! I have a doll's house, too, which is half finished...I bought it for my daughter when she was maybe 3 or 4! I suppose I'll finish it for if and when I get a grandchild? LOL!

    As for drop offs for the charity shops - is it possible for you to call them for a pick up, instead? That's what I do - several of the charities here will pick up donations if you call ahead and schedule it. Sometimes, it means I have to wait a few days until they can come around, but, it saves me the trouble of having to drive to drop stuff off. I do try to make it worth their while and wait until I have at least 6 bags of stuff to donate. I don't even have to be at home when they come - I just leave the bags and boxes outside my door with a sign indicating these are the items for pick up; they come and take the stuff and leave a receipt for tax purposes. Perhaps it is something you, too, can do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a doll's house. It's a collectors one rather than a child's toy, which we were going to do up together. It's one of the things to be sold. Anything I do to it now will be a compromise on our original plans as Ced was going to make some of the furniture for it so it's going. If I decide I want to have a doll's house in the future I'll buy and smaller one.

      The local charity shops will sometimes collect is you have enough ... which I don't, and as I am nearing the end of the decluttering, am unlikely to have any time soon. There is a kerbside collection next week but they only want clothing, not the sort of things I want to donate this time.

      Delete
  4. Well done :) I've found when decluttering that it's important to get stuff out of the house immediately I decide "it's going". Boxes/bags go straight into the car even if I am not planning on driving to the charity shop for a few days. There always seems to be a great psychological boost to having the items physically somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts