Friday


My new toy arrived quite late yesterday, too late to use it to cook the evening meal so that is today's plan. It was a bit of a spur of the moment decision to buy this ... I had been thinking about getting one and was going to leave it until later in the year but I saw this on one of the TV shopping channels and thought it was too good a bargain to miss as it included the knives and chopping board (which I needed) and the spice rubs for meats (which I didn't need, but will use), all for them for less than half the price I'd be paying if I bought it later on. 

I haven't decided exactly what to cook today but it will be either chicken or pork as that's what I have in the freezer. It'll also be SW friendly and I should find a suitable recipe on one of the slimming blogs I follow. I also have to do a bit of moving round in the kitchen to make room for it.

I've woken with that raw feeling in my throat that hints at the start of a cold, so it's a pampering-stop-it-developing sort of day today. It's raining and cold so it's definitely a day at home in the warm and I'll get my daily exercise by proxy as my joyful activity is to accompany my friend on her Japanese pilgrimage ... I'll be snuggled up on the sofa reading about her adventures but walking beside her in spirit!

Comments

  1. Is this an air fryer or an insta pot? Sounds like it will be fun to try to new recipes with it. Enjoy your reading journey - she does write so you feel like you are there. :)

    Hope the stop it before it starts pampering works - I've had a lingering cold for 3 weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an air fryer. My friend has one and uses it for all of her roasts and casseroles. I tried the Instapot anc didn’t get on with it at all.

      Delete
  2. That's an exciting new toy! I hope you have a lot of fun with it! I agree that staying home on a wet and cold day is a good decision, especially if you feel a cold coming on. Gargle with warm salt water and drink plenty of hot tea. Some vitamin C would be good, too. Hope you enjoy reading about your friend's tour of Japan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stuck to hot water or hot coffee... I never drink tea ... and I feel much better now (it’s nearly 9pm). The cold symptoms disappeared mid afternoon so hopefully that’s the end of that little episode.

      My new toy is going to be a useful addition to the kitchen and I’m excited about learning to use it properly.

      My choice of reading was as great, just as I knew it would be. I haven’t finished it yet so I have some more to look forward to.

      Delete
    2. Glad if anything for which I can claim responsibility brings joy into the world! Now that's,made me happy too. 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts