Friday


I'm sitting in the living room with a steaming mug of coffee, my reward for completing day one of the walking plan. I'm also sort of laughing at myself because I only had to walk for 15 minutes and the pat on the back I'm giving myself is more akin to having completed a marathon ... not that I've ever run a marathon, you understand!

I'm at home for most of today. S will be here later to whizz through the house and make it sparkle again, and I'm expecting someone in response to one of the adverts I placed, though I have the feeling he may be a time waster. It's a lovely day so, depending on the time when both have gone, I may go out to take some photos. In the meantime, I've started a load of laundry, and will carry on sorting out items for the charity shop. 

Tonight, I'm meeting up with A and L to go to the local folk club, my joyful activity for the day. I used to go to this every week without fail but ... life happens, and I stopped going. Tonight, the main act is a folk artist I've followed for years and have persuaded my friends to go with me. It'll be a good evening.

Comments

  1. Your living room looks SO cozy & comfortable; what a great place to sit & read. I hope your folk artist is everything it should be for you. Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it easy to relax in this room ... there’s something very peaceful about it. Happy weekend to you too.

      Delete
  2. That is so inviting with the sun streaming through your window. Hope you enjoy yourself tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. We had a great time at the folk club last night and will be going again soon.

      Delete
  3. Well done on walking your 15 mins! It's a start!

    Your living room looks lovely! It doesn't look like S will have much to do to make your house sparkle! It already looks quite well maintained to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing well at keeping the rooms clutter free (my new basket helps with that), but it needed a good clean through - you just can't see that in the photo!

      Have you started your walking yet?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts