Monday


This is where I walked this morning. It's not a scheduled day according to my walking plan but I needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air. I took a couple of photos for the monthly scavenger hunt and then decided, on the spur of the moment, to try my luck at geocaching ... and this is where I ended up! I found the cache eventually (I definitely need to brush up on my skills with a compass!) but couldn't update the log as I didn't have a pen with me. Next time I will be more organised!

On the way back home I called into the first supermarket I came to and bought some fresh fruit and vegetables. I obviously arrived at the right moment as I also bought some chicken thighs, cooked chicken and stock pots, all reduced on yellow stickers. I'll be using it all tomorrow so I'm not worried about the best before or use by dates. 

I'm feeling much more cheerful than I did yesterday. It's definitely a cold but the fresh air did some good this morning and revived my spirits, and I've got myself past the feeling sorry for myself stage. I started planning for the next couple of years last night but I haven't quite settled on anything near the final version; all will be revealed later in the week!

Comments

  1. An open green space for a walk & a geocaching search - looks very nice, quiet & refreshing. Plans for the next few years - I'm impressed, I can barely get it together for the next weekend! :)

    Great bargains found unexpectedly are sometimes the best.

    Glad to hear that you are feeling better - colds take over the whole body - I think they are the plague of the 2000's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need something to focus on after the decorating and decluttering is finished so I’m trying to come up with a list of ideas.

      I’ve lost my voice now so will have to go to the doctors if things don’t improve soon!

      Delete
  2. I love a good walk. I missed out yesterday as the weather was horrible. This morning I woke to a layer of snow (!!) on the ground, but the roads were mostly clear so I drove to the park and had a good ol' walk in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not more snow! One thing I don’t like is walking in snow which thankfully doesn’t happen too often in this area. It was a blustery walk today and I feel like all the winter ‘cobwebs’ have been blown away!

      Delete
  3. Eileen, you and your walking is an inspiration! I really need to make the effort to walk, today! Plans for the future! That sounds very exciting! I am looking forward to reading about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can easily do more minutes than the schedule states but ... I have a tendency to overdo things so, for the time being, I’m sticking to the designated times. Today was supposed to be a rest day so my ‘walk’ was more of an ‘amble’ rather than the proper exercise it should be.

      Future plans ... I realised that I need a focus or I’ll sink back into depression so that’s what the planning is all about.

      Delete
  4. Glad your mopey day ran its course and you were able to move on. I know only too well how easy it is to let it engulf everything. I'm also looking forward to hearing about your plans! Like you, I find having something fixed up to look forward to works wonders ... although I've never looked more than a few months ahead. I've said it before, but you're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say: hurrah for supermarket bargains!

      Delete
    2. I’m getting much better at recognising the symptoms so can make myself deal with it. I think the feeling poorly was the thing that pushed me over the line - being alone when you feel unwell is hard to deal with!

      I’ve decided that I need to go shopping more often, rather than have deliveries, so I can buy and freeze the bargain offers as I see them. I could save myself lots of money that way.

      Even just trying to come up with a five year plan seems daunting but now I’ve started, I’m having fun 😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts