Tuesday

the new growth on the pieris

It's just started raining so, apart from a quick trip out to buy and post a birthday card, I'll be occupying my time at home. Today's joyful activity was going to be a photo walk around Stourhead but conditions, even without the rain, are not ideal for landscape photography so I'll have to find something to do at home instead.

I'm feeling much better after yesterday's relaxing day. In the end I summoned up the energy to do a bit of cooking for the freezer, so I now have seven servings of bottom of the fridge soup, and five of savoury (lamb) mince, using up all the vegetables that were starting to look a bit sorry for themselves and topped up with frozen veg. There's no rush to cook up anything else but I'd like to try a couple of recipes using my new ActiFry, so that's a possibility for today.

I weighed myself again and have lost another 1lb which I'm pleased with as since my last weigh-in I've had two Indian meals which were definitely not SW friendly! One was the takeaway on the film night which was planned, and the other was the unplanned lunchtime meal on the day I had my car serviced. I'm still doing my own version of the SW plan but am struggling to be organised with the shopping side of things so too many meals are not as 'on plan' as they should be. I need to set aside some time to decide what changes are needed to make it work and it shouldn't take too much effort to change things round.

Comments

  1. That's the way to do weigh loss - slow & steady - good for you. My (our) first steps in reducing have been to eliminate cookies or treats from the house & stock the frig with fresh fruit for those moments of I need a treat. Good close up photo of the pieris, such a vibrant colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On previous attempts at losing weight I’ve settled on a steady 1 or 2 pounds every week and that’s what I’m hoping for with SW. I never have treats or cookies in the house but I’m failing at keeping the fridge stocked with the right things.

      Delete
  2. What lovely colours in the photo. Very cheering.
    Well done with the pound off. What you are doing seems to be working for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just feels a bit hit and miss at the moment, mainly on having the third of a plate of speed. I’d like to do better and be more on plan as I think that will serve me better in the long term.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo! Glad to hear you are feeling better and was able to do some cooking for the freezer, yesterday. Congrats on the weight loss! Slow and steady is the way to go. I, on the other hand, seem to have gained weight! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're going the wrong way, Bless! I've been concentrating on portion control and drinking more water which is helping, and as well as losing weight I have also lost just over an inch on all my measurements.

      Delete
  4. I haven't dared to get on the scales, as I fear that I too am going the wrong way. Must try harder. Well done you though. This is a truly great start, and all while not depriving yourself totally of treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on ... don’t give up now. You’ve done really well, so positive thinking and more of what you were doing when you were losing steadily.

      The beauty of the SW plan is that nothing is banned so, if I’m sensible with it, I’ll never have to feel I’m missing out on my favourite foods.

      Delete
    2. Yes Auntie Eileen, sorry, Auntie Eileen. 🙄 I've come back to say that thanks to you, I got on the scales this morning and was very pleased to learn that I am pretty much at my pre-Christmas weight ... despite far too many dinners out and birthday meals etc.! I guess I have been active enough to negate any damage, and have even lost the bit I had put on. So from now, I just need to be aware, and try to shift that last stone! Onwards! ☺

      Delete
    3. See!! That’s brilliant news and well done for turning a corner and keeping going. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts