Wednesday


I’m currently sat in the waiting room at the garage - it’s car service day. I’ve booked a ‘while you wait’ service and have been here about ten minutes so far. In that short time I’ve already had cross words ... twice! The service is going to cost £100 more than their quote and it will take at least an hour longer than I was told when I booked the appointment. 

This is also supposed to be my joyful activity for today, spending the waiting time enjoying numerous coffees and reading. So I’ll get myself a coffee, cheer myself up, and start reading ‘The Storyteller’ by Jodi Picoult. 

Comments

  1. I guess it means you HAVE to rest but even so . . . grrrrr.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I must admit that I don't like it when things go different than thought. Hope everything worked out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a bit higher than their quote. Can they justify the extra amount? I don't like being caught in one of those situations where it seems I have no out ... deep breathe, enjoy your coffee & your book, this gives you the confidence that your car is in fine running order for all those outings you have planned :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do what I do when I take my car into the dealership for maintenance of any kind. I usually treat myself to a cup of cappuccino provided by the dealership rather than a regular cup of coffee. At the same time I treat myself to a cookie also provided free of charge from the dealership. Then I sit and read. I don't mind it too much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the right attitude, Eileen. Enjoy the wait and extra hour of reading! :) Sorry about the higher than quoted cost of the service, though. Still, you know the car will be in good running order, afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so annoying! I hope you enjoyed your read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts