Friday

I had a good night's sleep and, even though I didn't set the alarm, woke just before 7 o'clock feeling refreshed.

I need to be at home for the cleaner and a parcel delivery. The house will be sparkled later today so I've had a quick tidy round to move all the books I'm in the middle of sorting so that the living room carpet can be vacuumed when she is here. I've nearly finished sorting out the books, only one pile left to go through, so the next job is to send them on their way to their new homes; charity shop (Monday's job), friends (Monday evening at the book group meeting), other friends (at band practice tomorrow), and damaged books to the skip (Monday's job).

I've started on the meal planning. I'm not finding it as easy as I hoped and I can't work out why, but do know that I need to get myself organised otherwise I drift too far away from the Slimming World plan. Weight loss through healthy eating and exercise is my goal, so I have to crack this meal planning lark!


I've chosen some new recipes to ring the changes with meals and try to keep it interesting so earlier this morning I prepared some spice mixes (cajun, tandoori, tikka, and a curry mix) ready for some batch cooking later in the month. Once I have all the meals planned I can work out the shopping list(s) and take it from there. 

As for the rest of the day ... nothing much. After S (the cleaner) has gone I'll open the next box and get the contents photographed but apart from that probably reading, maybe a bit of weeding, and maybe a walk along the canal as long as it doesn't rain. 

Comments

  1. I promise you, it does get much easier after a while. You build up a range of meals that you know you like and which can form the basis and then you can pop new things in as and when.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s what I’m hoping! It’s the speed requirement that’s tripping me up all the time so I need to have plenty of suitable one pot meals in the freezer (where the speed is already included) for when I've run out of fresh to add as a side dish. That may not make sense but I understand where I’m falling down and know what I need to do to rectify the issue ... it’s the doing it part which I’m struggling over 😂. However I can see that I will get to the stage where meal planning in SW terms becomes easier and hope that that stage is reached sooner rather than later!

      Delete
  2. I like your photo of the spices. Hopefully the weather holds for a walk outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. The walk is looking doubtful - I’m still waiting for the parcel delivery (it’s 4pm) and black clouds are gathering! Never mind, the house is warm and I’m feeling really cosy xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good night's rest and woke up feeling refreshed, Eileen. Good luck with the meal planning! I'm hopeless at it! In any case, I rarely plan the meals first and then do the shopping. I do things the other way around - shop for what's on sale that week and plan my meals around what I've bought. Hope your parcel got delivered, eventually. It rained here, this morning, while I was still sleeping! I'm glad because it means I can go a couple of days without watering the garden. :) Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal planning is getting there, very slowly! I most definitely do not have it down to a fine art. I’m not giving up though and tomorrow may be the day I come up with a sensible plan 😂

      Sadly, no sign of my parcel so I waited in for nothing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts