Friday

The decorating is progressing well but it looks like he’ll need to come back on Monday to finish off. 


I want to start looking for a replacement door mat and a set of frames for the walls. I’d like to display some of my own photos in the hall and am trying to decide between black & white or colour. Whichever I decide on, I’ll be out and about taking a new set of images ... it’ll be a fun project for the summer, alongside the scavenger hunt.

I spoke with my doctor yesterday and have agreed that until I go in to see him will restart the medication I stopped last year. He’ll do a review at my next appointment and we’ll take it from there. Not quite the result I wanted but the medication works and it’s important to lower my BP as soon as possible. I’m hoping that the longer term solution will be somewhat different.

The rest of the day is an at-home-reading-and-doing-very-little-else sort of day. It’s cold, dull and wet so I wouldn’t be going out even if the decorating wasn’t happening. I will need to get my stuff ready for tomorrow’s band practice at some stage but there’s nothing else that is urgent so I’m snuggled under a comfort blanket and reading ‘The Guilty One’ by Lisa Ballantine on my Kindle.

Comments

  1. Hopefully getting back on that medication will help you feel better quickly. I like the idea of displaying your own photos at home. Who knows, maybe some of the SPSH photos will satisfy that! It's a long week end for us - Victoria Day celebrations on Monday & it's traditionally our time to plant annuals but the forecast is for rain :( - which could mean a reading day for me. Wishing you a good weekend ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is assuming that I manage to take seven photos that work together as a set AND which I like enough to display on the walls. We have the long weekend next week as Monday 27th is the Spring Bank Holiday. I hope you enjoy the Victoria Day celebrations, whatever the weather x

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you will take loads of suitable photos - you take such fantastic ones!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have everything so neat and freshly painted, (she says, not enviously at all . . . . . )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s keeping it all white and scuff free that’ll be the test, especially in my music room where I teach young children!

      Delete
  4. Your hallway looks so nice and full of light! I'm looking forward to seeing what you select to display on your walls. I'm sure it will look lovely.

    Hope the medication will help control your BP and you will feel better soon. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white paint has made such a difference. The walls used to be brown and the area was drab and uninviting so I’m happy with how much lighter it is now.

      I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the medication improves things.

      Hope you have a good weekend too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts