Sunday

The forecast is for rain, starting at lunchtime, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it holds off as J will be here from 11 am to start clearing the garden. I've just been out to take some 'before' photos and am delighted to see that the climbing rose which struggled last year is covered with buds and already has a few flowering.


Band has finished now for the half term break. We have a committee meeting tomorrow night but that's it for the Saturday morning sessions until June 8th. I'll do one more set of lessons tomorrow and then they too stop until schools resume on June 3rd. I'll still be busy though as there is always plenty to do with the maintenance of the sheet music, etc.

I gave up on watching the Eurovision Song Contest last night. I saw all the entries but couldn't face sitting through the tedium of the voting so had an early night instead, which explains why I was wide awake at 5:45 am! 

Today I hope to move the majority of things back to their correct places following the painting. The door of the hall cupboard won't be done until Monday so that stuff will have to stay in the living room, but I should be able to move the piano back to its correct position and finish getting the music room sorted ready for teaching in there tomorrow. This is assuming that the paint is properly dry ... yesterday it was still a bit tacky.

I'm off to have some breakfast now - scrambled eggs, bacon and mushrooms - and then I have some emails that can't wait until tomorrow so I'll deal with them today. Apart from that, I need to stay at home because of the work on the garden but I don't really have anything special planned once I finished the music room and the emails ... so another relaxing day ahead of me.

Comments

  1. Beautiful rose - your photo captures the promise of a full bloom. Cannot wait to see the before & after of "J" patio/garden tidy up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems appropriate that the rose is flowering as the garden is tidied. He’s completed most of the clearing and will be back on Friday to finish up, lay the membrane and spread the gravel. It looks much better already.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have your climbing rose flowering this year! Such a delicate shade of pink! Glad to read that most of the garden clearing was accomplished too - I guess the rain held off long enough for that to be done!

    I hope you were able to put the furniture back in place and are having a pleasant rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely delicate shade of pink but it is supposed to be white. Just as well I like pink! It hasn’t actually rained today so the forecast was wrong, thankfully. The music room is now ready for the lessons so I don’t need to rush to get it ready tomorrow and I also started sorting through one of the cupboards in that room. All in all, I’ve had a good day thanks Bless.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts