Sunday


One of the new heathers, 'Irish Lemon'. It's the only photo I've managed to take today so apologies for the cobwebby appearance but the camera battery died on me and is currently recharging!

I'm hoping to get a bit more done in the garden today and also need to do a run to the skip. Both activities strike me as not too sensible, especially the skip run on a bank holiday weekend, but the garden is a must do regardless of how I feel. I'm aiming for about an hour and want to get the rest of the new plants in the ground ... I'll worry about the membrane later. I know that's not the correct way to do it but ...

The latest problem is that my iPhone isn't charging. It seems to be a known issue and the recommended solution is to use the original cables not replacement cables. Of course, there is no solution for when you only have the original cables and it still won't charge, which is my problem. It may be time to look for a replacement, maybe Samsung this time. Any recommendations for reasonably priced smart phones?

A couple of nights ago I watched a programme featuring the Bee Gee's music and since then I've had two of their songs on a continuous loop in my brain. I'll share them with you .... 

Comments

  1. Nice photo, cobwebs and all! :D I hope your phone charges up! Maybe try replacement cables and see if that works? If not, I guess it is time for a new phone. I have no clue when it comes to iPhones, so, I hope others will be able to make suggestions as to a good phone. Thanks for sharing the Bee Gees song links! The song I have playing in my head is their Nights on Broadway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't buy replacement Apple cables locally so need to wait for one to be delivered but don't want to go to the expense when the phone may be on its last legs.

      I always forget that the Bee Gees were such prolific songwriters. We have a lot of lovely music to thank them for.

      Delete
  2. Your heather is so pretty Eileen, a favourite plant of mine. Once established they require very little and seem to improve year on year.

    Your phone - I have had a similar problem with an iPhone charger. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a new charger rather than change the entire device or have I misunderstood? I have noticed that my Apple devices only like to be plugged into their own charger - I once accidentally plugged the iPad into the iPhone charger and it was not happy :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have the iPhone charger and that is working when I use it to charge other non-Apple devices so I think the actual charger isn't the problem. Even when it was charging the phone wasn't working properly and kept switching itself off or the screen freezing, so I'm rapidly reaching the stage when I just want a phone that'll work properly.

      Delete
    2. Eileen, it takes an awful lot of an iPhone to be on its last legs. Have you powered it down completely, left it a while, and then booted it up again?

      Delete
    3. Yes, it's discharged all of its power and it's a reasonably new battery so it's not a case of needing a replacement battery. It's been charging since 8:00am today and is still only on 2% at 1:30pm. I'm in Bath tomorrow for a hospital appointment so will go early and take the phone to the Apple store for them to look at and see what the problem is.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts