Tuesday

Yesterday turned out to be a bit of a strange day. The weather didn't read the forecast and rained when it was supposed to be sunny, so my morning hour in the garden didn't happen. I did take these photos before it rained ...


The garden is waking up properly and I am getting a better sense of the 'feel' I am trying to create ... but it still takes oodles of imagination. 

I met friends for a brunch type meal yesterday but didn't stay for long. I was feeling a bit out of sorts and wanted to come home, which I did and was delighted to find that the rain had stopped - apparently it was just a couple of short showers - and I managed to get another bed covered with the membrane. 

Today will be some more time in the garden and I'd also like to take at least one car load to the skip later, mostly garden and garage stuff. I should finish the membrane on the last of the bigger areas and then I'm just left with tidying up the bits I've started and working out how to do the beds with the established planting. I've estimated that at my current rate it will take another seven days to get the rest of the membrane down, which isn't too bad. However, the forecast is for a run of rainy days starting tomorrow and this is my medical week with hospital and GP appointments, so it all depends on the medical results/advice and on the weather. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. Such beautiful photos! Your garden is going to be stunning!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers. You have made some real strides to completing the garden make over. Is J not coming back to help at all? We are also forecasted to have a week of rainy days, so thankfully yesterday I got 98% of my annual pots planted. My weather related tasks will be to finish sorting crafting (non scrapping) stuff that hides in a drawer in the basement. Fingers crossed all your Dr appointments are positive & the results you hope for ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! The flowers in your garden are beautiful. It sounds like you are making progress in the garden, even though it is taking longer than you'd like. I, too, hope that the medical appointments go well and the results are all good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts