Wednesday

A very different start to my day today, meeting my friend in Bradford on Avon for breakfast. She's now continuing on her travels and may call in on her way home, but she hasn't set a time limit so the 'when' isn't known and it all depends on how much of a detour it'll be from wherever she ends up.

reflection in Bradford on Avon
After we'd said out goodbyes, I drove back to Trowbridge to do some shopping before I went home. I did the bulk of the shopping in Sainsburys as I wanted to use up some of my nectar points which means I have some spare cash to splash out on a couple of plants. I've bought enough to refill my store cupboard and also treated myself to a new skirt (see photo below of the leather type belt) without needing to spend any cash. It's probably not the best use of the points as I know it is possible to enhance their value in how your spend them, but this suited me this time. I also got a few yellow sticker bargains - ham, fishcakes, chicken, and gammon so I have a few extras to add to the freezer.


This afternoon I am doing exactly what Maggie suggested in a comment on yesterday's post and putting my feet up with a good book for company. I don't need to cook tonight as A and L will be round for our Girls' Night In (minus J because she is working away) and we will either get a takeaway delivered or go to the restaurant at the Marina for a roast dinner.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful place to have breakfast, enhanced with the company of a friend. Nice belt & I like the pattern of your new skirt. I'm planning to do very little in the evening, just sit with my feet up & a new book from the library. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perfect way to spend an evening... enjoy x

      Delete
  2. I am just about to start a new book too.The Girl in the Letter by Emily Gunnis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just looked it up on Goodreads ... sounds like an interesting story.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a very good day, Eileen, starting and ending with a meal with a friend/friends and some shopping and reading in between. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant day and now I'm shattered. They didn't leave until 1 am!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts