Lifestyle Goals: Monthly Review

At the start of May I decided to change the way I want to monitor my short and medium term goals, choosing to adopt Bless' approach in my search for a balanced life; this is Bless' explanation:

 .... my monthly balanced life goals are similar to the spokes of a wheel, with the length of each spoke representing my satisfaction in that area of my life, from 1 to 10, with 1 being most dissatisfied and 10 being most satisfied.  Ideally, all the spokes are of equal length and the wheel will roll along smoothly.  If the spokes are of unequal lengths, then, the resulting wheel will be lop-sided and wobbly.  My current ratings for each segment are shown within the parentheses.  

So this is my update for June, stating my goals and the bullet-pointed task list that I'll tackle in July to help achieve this goal. Last month's ratings and tasks are shown in black and the start of the current month is shown in yellow.

Home (8.5)(8)

Goal: To maintain a clean and tidy home


Tasks for June:
  • place advert to sell the doll's house and accessories - STARTED
  • sort through remaining boxes and donate/dispose/sell contents as appropriate - STARTED
  • participate in Bless' book decluttering challenge - ACHIEVED
  • daily tasks = washing up and tidying living room before going up to bed - ACHIEVED
Tasks for July:
  • place advert to sell the doll's house and accessories 
  • sort through remaining boxes and donate/dispose/sell contents as appropriate
  • take books to charity shop and bags to skip
  • daily tasks = washing up and tidying living room before going up to bed


Garden (7.5)(7.5)

Goal: To keep the garden tidy and presentable


Tasks for June:
  • finish laying the membrane and gravel in the back garden - 65% ACHIEVED BUT MAY BE COMPLETED 30/06/2019
  • get the new plants in the ground - ACHIEVED
  • stay on top of weeding/dead heading as necessary - 50% SUCCESSFUL
  • water garden regularly during sunny spells - ACHIEVED
Tasks for July:
  • finish laying the membrane and gravel in the back garden if not completed on 30/06/2019
  • stay on top of weeding/dead heading as necessary
  • water garden regularly during sunny spells


Finance (10)(10)

Goal: To remain completely debt free 


Tasks for June:
  • continue to monitor spending and reduce expenditure where possible
Tasks for July:
  • continue to monitor spending and reduce expenditure where possible


Community, friends and family (7.5)(8)

Goal: To take an active role in my local community, and actively seek to strengthen bonds with family and friends

Tasks for June:
  • continue voluntary work with the youth band - ACHIEVED
  • arrange to meet up with Julie and Lauren during the month - ACHIEVED, went out for a meal together
  • arrange to spend time with Little Misses C and H - didn't see the girls but did see their Dad 
Tasks for July:
  • continue voluntary work with the youth band
  • arrange to meet up with Julie and Lauren during the month 
  • try to meet at least one adult band member socially  


Emotional Well Being (8)(8)

Goal: To improve my emotional well being and avoid bouts of depression

Tasks for June:
  • actively correct any negative thoughts - 75% SUCCESSFUL
  • keep a gratitude diary listing three reasons to be grateful every day - ACHIEVED
Tasks for July:
  • write a Reasons to be Cheerful post for my blog
  • actively correct any negative thoughts


Health and Fitness (7)(7)

Goal: To increase my levels of fitness and become more active, leading to an improvement in my general health


Tasks for June:
  • keep all medical appointments in June - ACHIEVED
  • aim for a daily physical activity if I feel up to it (subject to the results of the blood tests and doctor's advice) - STILL WAITING TO SEE THE DOCTOR, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IS ON THE BACK BURNER UNTIL AFTER MY NEXT CONSULTATION
  • 8 hours sleep every night - 90% SUCCESSFUL
Tasks for July:
  • keep all medical appointments in July
  • try to be more active, i.e. activities that are extra to my usual routine
  • 8 hours sleep every night


Healthy Eating (8)(8)

Goal: To eat sensibly and healthily, leading to weight loss and increased energy levels


Tasks for June:
  • meal planning, concentrating on SW friendly lunches - 80% SUCCESSFUL
  • drinking 4 glasses of water a day - THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, CURRENTLY AVERAGING 3 GLASSES EACH DAY
  • restrict the number of takeaways and meals out -ACHIEVED
Tasks for July:
  • meal planning, concentrating on SW friendly dinners 
  • drinking 4 glasses of water a day
  • restrict the number of takeaways and meals out


Live Life to the Full (7.5)(8)

Goal: To live life now, in the moment, and stop putting things off. Decide what I want to achieve and do it!


Tasks for June:
  • continue to develop my 5 year plan - ACHIEVED
  • daily piano practice - 60% SUCCESSFUL
  • arrange two diary dates for every week in June to meet with friends - ACHIEVED
Tasks for July:
  • aim to do 3 new to me things during the month
  • daily piano practice
  • arrange two diary dates for every week in July to meet with friends

It's been a strange sort of month and my rating of each category hasn't really altered that much. It's mostly due to feeling unwell and in limbo until I see my doctor (on July 12th) but the rest has done me good and I want to carry on with the sorting (but more slowly!) during July; even though I don't feel any better physically it will benefit my emotional well being if I can get this last stage completed. 

Comments

  1. That all looks pretty good to me. Even if some of the scores have remained as before, sometimes just not going backwards takes a lot of energy and emotional strength. You have maintained the project and improved some areas despite feeling below par. Best foot forward into July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling positive about July. I see the doctor on the 12th and am hoping he can sort out why I am so tired all the time, but if this tiredness is my new normal then I just have to learn to pace myself.

      Delete
  2. Your plan looks good, most of your scores are between 7 and 8, so you do have a balanced wheel, is just you could have a bigger wheel with more satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel it is balanced as that can only happen if every score is exactly the same. I do feel that it is achievable and if I stay focused, maybe it won't take too long to get there.

      Delete
  3. WOW you did get a lot done in June & you are certainly keeping your self on track & accountable. I admire that very much. Hopefully July 12th's appointment will get your some answers, a reason to which you can explain the tiredness & then a plan to fix/improve/deal with. Yeah to July's goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everything seems to hinge on the doctor sorting me out when I see him on the 12th. I feel positive about July and getting the decluttering and garden finished - I may just have to take it more slowly.

      Delete
  4. I'd say you had a very good month, overall! You did really, REALLY well with your book decluttering! Your wheel didn't have too many deep dents in it, either. Here's to a good month in July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised at what I'd achieved when I looked back at the month as a whole.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts