Monday

Today's weather doesn't look very promising so I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for any outside time. It's my teaching today so I'll be busy with that from 3:30 but I don't have any plans for the rest of the day.

I've had a lovely weekend although the work in the garden still needs to be done. I've admitted to myself that I need to get some help, or preferably someone to do it all for me but everyone I can ask is away or busy, so it'll have to wait.

Instead of the gardening I planned my meals for the week, moved things around in the freezers (so everything for this week's meals is now in the kitchen freezer rather than the garage one), and I cooked up a pot of chilli and a chicken casserole to use up the veg from the fridge. That's all been portioned up and is in the freezer. 

I don't have a clear idea of what I'll do with myself today but the idea of a pottering about sort of day feels right.  I hope to meet my friend J tonight but it all depends on what time she finishes work. If that works out it'll be my joyful activity for the day and if not, I'll watch a film instead.

Today it's the turn of the flute books. They are all going but not actually leaving the house yet - I'm saving them for Little Miss C who hopefully will start learning the flute next year.


Comments

  1. It's amazing how there books mount up, isn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Thankfully I have cured myself (for the time being!) of the need to buy new music books.

      Delete
  2. what an amazing collection of music books you have. That's too bad that you cannot get anyone to help you will the last bit of the garden. But at least you have most of the garden done with the membrane & stones - that will give you a good idea as to how well it works (or not).









    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be able to get some help but I just have to wait ... something I'm not too good at!

      When I was working full time I taught six different instruments as well a providing whole class recorder lessons, hence to huge selection of books. A lot of them relate to the different examination boards.

      Delete
  3. Wow - good for you for getting rid of them! I'm glad you know that someone will be using them. Sorry about the weather - it's been raining here for two days now so I can relate lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The majority of the music books are just taking up space now I've cut down on my teaching so it's an easy decision to let them go.

      We need the rain but I'm fed up with it already!

      Delete
  4. Looks like your music library is getting thinned out, nicely! You are doing so well with the book decluttering!

    I hope you find someone to help you with the garden. Sometimes, it's hard to wait until people are free to help, isn't it? Whatever happened to your cleaner S's boyfriend J who had volunteered to do the membrane stuff for you? Is there any likelihood of him coming back to do the rest of the work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have people willing to help but who are either too busy or away from home to help right now. I just need to be patient and wait until they are free. J was going to do it for free but he hasn't been in touch and I've decided not to ask for his help - it's a bit if a difficult situation and I wonder if he regretted offering to help out as a freebie.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts