Monday

It's my teaching day today so whatever I choose to do, I have to be back here by 3 pm at the latest. The forecast is for showers but I'd like to get out and get some fresh air so I'll take myself into town later this morning to do a bit of shopping, pay a couple of bills, and bank some cheques. They are the only 'must do' tasks, after which ... I don't know ... whatever takes my fancy! Maybe a short walk around the park or perhaps a wander round the Shaw Trust garden centre, although that could be expensive! 


Today's book was one I was given but have never used, so I'll pass it on to someone who will appreciate it. I have a few more books to declutter but I'm not sure if there are enough to get to the end of the month, unless I count windband arrangements as books. I'll see how it goes.

The family tree research is frustrating and I didn't make any significant progress yesterday. The tree belonging to this new cousin only records six of her family members and I can't find any of them with any certainty in the Ancestry records so I have decided to make contact and take it from there. A lot of the connections through the DNA testing are only interested in the information relating to their ethnic origins, so I am hoping that this cousin is an exception and is interested in the actual ancestry as well ... or will provide more information to at least get me started.

Comments

  1. I use that book such a lot in A level and college days. A classic if ever there was one! I'm sure someone will be very grateful and treasure it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Groves music dictionary and prefer to use that, or now I tend to Google everything. I'm sure this will be valued and well used by someone.

      Delete
  2. Its a rare thing to able to anywhere where plants may be for sale and it not be expensive.... Good luck with the continued declutter and your journey through family history.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decluttering is nearing the end. I hope to be completely finished by the end of July. The family history will take a lot longer!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with new found cousin. I took your advice & contacted online the Mormon ancestry site - there's a huge centre about an hour east of me, I've booked a date with them to review - so many thanks for that suggestion. I'm staying out of garden centres until I get more order & weeding done in my own gardens. Did you get the cleaner situation sorted? Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go to the garden centre in the end, spent my pennies on calligraphy supplies instead!

      Good luck with the family tree review. Please let me know how you get on.

      Delete
  4. Hope you have an enjoyable day! My closest DNA matches didn't have their trees done at all so I assume it's only ancestry they are interested in. Quite sad really. I had hoped for a few trees to help me on my way lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I contacted a couple of mine who didn't display trees and they were both happy to share enough information with me to point me in the right direction

      Delete
  5. You are doing very well with the book decluttering! I think you get the prize for most number of books decluttered, this month! :)

    Hopefully, when you contact your new-found cousin, she will be able to give you the additional information you need to do the additional searching.

    Hope your Monday is going well and you are off to a good start to your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lovely day today ... did everything I wanted to do, treated myself, had fun teaching and am now enjoying a relaxing evening watching TV.

      You're book decluttering challenge came at just the right time for me, so thank you for that as it's created plenty of space.

      Delete
    2. That should be 'your book decluttering challenge'!

      Delete
  6. I have decluttered lots of books lately. I love to leave them in places for others to find as a surprise and register them with Bookcrossing so they can be tracked. Not that I have many results in people recording them as found, but I enjoy leaving them anyway. As I have a pile of over 200 books that I want to pass on and many more on the shelves to sort, I have suggested we set up a community library in the village and that I donate my books to start this. It feels like a win-win situation where I clear space and other people can benefit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts