Saturday


I've started looking through some of the music reference books and have decided that I no longer need or want to keep the majority of them. These two books were bought before my late partner received his diagnosis and I was debating whether to complete an Open University course in music theory. His diagnosis completely changed my plans and now, eleven years later, the OU no longer offers that course and my life has changed so much that, at the moment, I no longer wish to do that level of studying. 

It's Saturday morning band practice, my joyful activity for the day. I have three more sets of music to issue to everyone so there'll be a lot of sight-reading as we work our way through the pieces ... a fun but tiring morning. With that in mind, I haven't planned anything for the rest of the day and will settle down to read this afternoon. I've just finished reading 'Storm Front' by Jim Butcher which is this month's choice for the Sci-Fi and Fantasy book group and I thoroughly enjoyed it so will download the second book in the series.

Comments

  1. Hope the bank practice goes well and you have a nice, relaxing rest of the day. Well done on the decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Band practice went well. We start playing Gustav Holstz The Planet Suite, a much reduced arrangement from the original but good fun nonetheless. I've just downloaded my new book and am about to settle down with a coffee 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts