Sunday

Despite my good intentions I didn't leave the house yesterday, but for the best of reasons ... a text from friends I haven't seen (in person) for years to say they were in the area and was I in to visitors? E now tires very quickly (she needs a constant supply of oxygen so wheels her oxygen tank around with her) so we stayed indoors and caught up on everyone's news. It was almost like being back at Uni and all those late night chats that I remember so well. P hinted that this is probably their last trip as the travelling is getting to be too much for E, so we've agreed that next time I'll go to them ... they live too far away for a day trip but I have plenty of time now I'm retired so we should be able to arrange something. Anyway, they stayed all day and left about 9 pm for their overnight accommodation, chosen because it had the disabled support and equipment that E needs. 

I'll be out tonight with my local friends for the monthly Sunday quiz. Last time we came last so we are hoping for a better result tonight. It'll be a laugh anyway!

These are the books for today's sort out for the decluttering challenge ...


They are all recorder music books and I'll be giving them to one of the girls who also attends band, and is a very keen musician. It may sound like a generous gift but a lot of these books were given to me or bought in bulk from eBay at bargain prices ... when I first started teaching I was lucky enough to buy bundles of 10 - 12 music books for £1 a bundle so, although I have piles and piles of music books I've probably spend less than £20 in total on the ones I plan to get rid of. Family members have had first choice and I've decided that I will only keep the books that I know I'll use for my own enjoyment or for teaching.

Comments

  1. What a great reason to stay in and it's great that they were able to find appropriate accommodation.
    I recognise most of those books! There are some lovely resources for young recorder players nowadays, aren't there?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a lovely surprise to see them and we had a great time together.

      Recorder resources have really come on, especially the CDs with the backing tracks. I wish I'd had all of this when I was learning.

      Delete
  2. You had a very good reason for staying home, yesterday! I am glad you were able to visit with your friends. You are making very good progress with your book decluttering, too! Seems to me that you've almost met the 30 book challenge in just 2 days! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your book challenge has come at just the right time for me. I'd already made the decision that a lot of the books could go but I wasn't following through with that decision. Your challenge has given me the push I needed to get on with it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts