Friday



The local history walk was okay but not as informative as I'd hoped. The walk leader kept mixing up his dates and didn't point out much around the town. We followed him around the town centre, stopping in 10 different places while he continued to talk and present a few facts but those facts didn't always relate to where we were standing. It was a bit of a strange set up and would have worked better as a talk with slides to look at. He's leading a couple of other walks which I'll still go on as I've reserved my place but I wouldn't recommend the walks to anyone else.
I have a doctor's appointment this morning when I'll hear the results of my recent blood tests. I can also tell him about my dramatic fainting episode last week!

When I get back I'll be concentrating on preparing the band accounts ready to hand over to the new Treasurer next week. At least, I hope to be able to hand over as everyone has been notified that I plan to step down from that position and I'm hoping one of the parents will be prepared to take it on. If not, I suppose I'll have to do it for another year!

Apart from that it is reading, reading and more reading. 

Comments

  1. What a shame it wasn't as good as you hoped. Perhaps the other two will be better though, fingers crossed.

    Fingers are also crossed that someone will be 'moved' to take on the treasurer's role at the next meeting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a shame as the town has so much history but he only concentrated on one aspect and completely failed to mention any of the famous people connected with the town. Also didn't seem to know that the 1300s aren't the 13th century.

      I'm hopeful that someone will stand for treasurer in my place ... ever the optimist!

      Delete
  2. Too bad the history walk was not as good as you had hoped it would be. But, as you say, the next two might be better. Are they being conducted by the same person?

    Hope you'll be able to hand over the Treasurer position to someone else. Don't let on that you might even consider doing it next year if no one else will! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the other two walks will be led by the same person.

      I feel hopeful that one of the parents will take over from me but if not, well we'll see!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts