Monday


There's nothing in the diary for today but rather a lot on the list! I have to buy a new SD card for my camera as the old one is playing up, so while I'm out I will do the bits of shopping I need - fresh veg, squash, curry leaves, and loo rolls. Then it's back home and the mini project for today is to finish photographing the items I want to sell and complete the adverts. All of that is definitely achievable and I should be finished by lunch time, provided all the technology works as it should!

This afternoon I want to make a start on updating the information in the handbook for new band members and look at the best way to present it on our new website. I'm starting with the information to do with absence and, when that's ready for review, I will have some idea of how long it will take me to update the rest of it. I've been putting this off for ages but I had a look through the existing handbook a few days ago and decided that the information in there is so out of date that I need to treat this as a priority. So updating the handbook and also organising the printing of our new Christmas music will be my summer project for the band. 

This evening is left free to just do whatever I feel like. I'm not expecting any visitors so I'll either be reading, watching TV, or listening to music.

Comments

  1. THe band work does take quite a lot of your time, doesn't it? Have fun with the handbook!
    The crocosmia is just coming into its own now, isn't it? Is yours Lucifer - it looks the right colour.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's Lucifer!

      The band is taking up a lot of my time for now but only because the effort wasn't put in to maintaining the behind the scenes things. The handbook, for example, when last updated contained lots of information and telephone numbers which became obsolete as soon as the committee changed. I want to update it by removing that constantly changing information and writing it in a way that the information the handbook contains remains up to date.

      Delete
  2. Ah the joy of updating or creating a handbook. Sounds like a day where you can get a lot done & at your our pace. The joy of no "have to".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plus point is that the handbook already exists so I won't have to work out what to include. I just need to revamp it!

      Yes, I am still getting used to motivating myself now I don't 'have to' do things. It's a nice feeling though 😊

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a busy day, especially with all that handbook updating, etc.!

    I like the color of your crocosmia - mine is orange colored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose this variety because I wanted splashes of bright red around the garden.

      Yes, I have been busy today and got most of it done. It's 9pm, I've just watered the garden and will now settle in front of the TV to watch Who Do You Think You Are?, then off to bed for an early night.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts