Tuesday


After a disastrous Sunday (hours spent in A&E to stop a bad nosebleed), yesterday was a much more rewarding day with all the admin, banking, shopping and teaching completed for the week.

Last night was the monthly book group and a very lively discussion of 'The Guilty One' by Lisa Ballantyne, which I really enjoyed. We tried a new venue which was much quieter and no one was struggling to hear so it's likely that we'll return to there next time - a couple of regulars missed the meeting through ill health so we'll wait for their opinion of the venue before the decision is taken to make it a permanent change.

Today I'll be taking the bags of books to the charity shop, the music books to the Oxfam shop, and the rubbish to the skip. It's not as much as it sounds, not even a car load, but it means that some more things are leaving the house and creating the space I crave. It no longer looks obvious that my home has the combined contents of two houses crammed into it, but it's still a bit cluttered for my liking and that's my focus for this month ... to check every room and remove the things I know I won't use/don't want, and I'm not planning to keep anything 'just in case'! I'll start in my bedroom and aim to check the three bedrooms within the next two weeks ... see, I'm learning to pace myself! I'm not expecting to find much but whatever I find has to be dealt with straight away rather than creating another pile of things to be sorted.

Comments

  1. Really sorry to read about the nose bleed - it must have been a shocker to need medical attention. Not nice! I'm finding every little bit of removed clutter adds just that little bit and then, suddenly, you notice and wow! It sounds as if you are doing amazingly well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens from time to time but I wasn't admitted to the ward, so all is good.

      I'm nearly finished with removing the clutter - just want to create that little bit of extra space so it's easier to put things away and keep the place tidy.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy day, yesterday, and another busy day planned for today! Good luck with the decluttering! I am ready to do some decluttering, this month, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pacing myself though, so am only doing 20 minutes at a time.

      Delete
  3. OH MY a nose bled so bad it took you to A&E, that's scary. Glad you got it tended to. Lovely photo of your clematis bloom. What a good feeling to have the clutter away & out. I've stalled a bit on my clear out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't particularly heavy this time but just wouldn't stop.

      I can't wait to get this final stage of the decluttering over and done with .... then I'll be looking for something else to occupy my time!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you have a good system on the go and sorting a little bit at a time means you won't make a rash decision about whether to keep or not and work through methodically. I'm sure you'll still something to occupy your time once all your decluttering is completed.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The decluttering has at times over the past six years been like a full time job so I have plenty of time to fill. I'm debating whether to start a college course or maybe another A level.

      Delete
    2. Ooh... the idea of further study sounds interesting. I will keep my ear to the ground!

      Delete
    3. I'm still looking for something that interests me enough to commit to an extended period of study.

      Delete
  5. Oh you poor girl, a really bad nose bleed can really knock you out and leave you absolutely flattened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I don't feel too bad this time.

      Delete
  6. I can sympathise with nose bleeds, but I never had to go to A&E with one before. Was it related to your current malady, or something to do with the heat, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I'm prone to. I have been admitted to the ward before now but this time it wasn't too bad. I can usually stop them without any help but was told that I must seek help if the bleeding doesn't show signs of stopping after about 30 minutes. The hospital manage to stop it quickly but then want me to wait to be sure before I can go home.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts