Tuesday

My plan for today is to move as much unwanted stuff out of the house as possible. I have things from the garage and garden to take to the skip, probably two car loads, and then some more donations to take to the charity shop. If I can get that done and out of the way I will be in a good position to see what's left to still sort out.

I actually summoned up the energy to do a bit of work in the garden yesterday evening. We had lots of lovely rain on Friday, which the garden desperately needed, but that obviously encouraged a few weeds to grow. It was a simple ten minute task to work through the back garden and remove any unwanted green growth, so all I need to do out there this week is carry on clearing the centre bed and stay on top of the watering during the (very) hot weather we have been promised. 

I'll be out tomorrow to meet up with the band secretary for a meeting, and will also take the time to complete the banking and to do some odds and ends of shopping. Then, my focus has to be working out how to rescue my sofa and return it to its pristine state. This happened last week ...


... a complete accident, but the end result is a huge green/blue stain from an Indian cotton dress worn by a friend. The sofa was treated with a Scotch-guard equivalent when I bought it, so the stain should not have penetrated the cloth. I just need to work out what to use, and how to avoid ruining the texture of the linen type cloth in the process. And then I need to buy some decent throws to avoid anything similar happening in the future! Strangely, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be as I'm sure this isn't a permanent stain and I'll be able to remove it, even if I have to employ a professional to do the job.

Comments

  1. Og, dear. A complete accident, as you say, but your friend must have been devastated!
    I's be tempted to bring in a professonal right from the start rather than risk doing more damage and throws sounds a very good idea. You can ring the changes with different throws for different occasions, times of the year or festivals. I have some tartan throws that only come out over Christmas. Unnecessary, yes, but they do add to the fun of the season for me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of different throws for different occasions ... may have to copy that idea.

      Delete
  2. That is not good. I do hope you let your friend know that her dress is perhaps not at it's best, transferring the dye is not a good thing. Fingers crossed for an easy & successful clean up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did tell her but ....

      I've decided to go the professional route and have a couple of companies coming to examine and quote in the next couple of weeks.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry your friend's dress left that mark on your new sofa! I would call the company from whom you bought the sofa, to ask what should be done, even if you've decided to go with professional stain removal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the instructions about cleaning from the company that produces the stain prevention treatment. Both companies who are quoting are familiar with the treatment product so it should be fine. Fingers crossed 🤞

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts