Tuesday


Yesterday turned out to be hot and muggy so I was glad to spent most of the day indoors. It didn't quite go according to plan because I found some vouchers due to expire on the last day of July so I had to fit in a trip to Argos to spend them (see folding table, kitchen compost bin and new steam iron in photo above), and then decided that while I was at that end of town I might at well do the band's banking as well. The heat nearly finished me off!

When I got home I turned on the fans, drank gallons of water and started photographing all the stuff. I did the things taking the most space first and then stopped with the photographing to concentrate on placing the adverts - it will be a lot easier as soon as the 'big' things are gone. After another stop for refreshments I carried on and finished photographing everything else then placed the adverts for most of the rest, and I've emailed a friend to ask about the remainder because I don't really know what any of it is ... just a pile of mystery objects  to my untrained eye. He emailed me back late last night with full descriptions and an indication of value so today I will try to find time to place those adverts as well.

I've also almost completed the draft of the band handbook ready to issue for the first review by the committee. Once I'd got my head around how I wanted it organised it was simple to do. I will finish typing it up later this week and email it out to the others, and in the meantime will start printing the new Christmas music ready to take it to the printer for the bulk copies. 

Today, will be less busy! It's the monthly book group tonight but the rest of the day will be spent indoors ... typing up the handbook, placing adverts, printing music, some personal admin, and playing the piano or tenor horn. 

Comments

  1. Yesterday really did turn out to be very busy, didn't it? And today sounds just as full really! Phew.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, two very busy days and another one tomorrow and then it's August,so a stay at home holiday month with lots of lazy indulgent days xx

      Delete
  2. You certainly had a productive day & balanced with those purchases. I need to get a counter top compost pot. Cheers to a good result with your ads to move the last of the "things". And to my fellow H.P. Fan - Happy Birthday to Neville, let's celebrate with cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, and then more cake tomorrow for HP himself. You are a bad influence on my diet 😁 🎂🍰🧁

      Delete
  3. You had a busy day, yesterday, another busy one planned for today, too, and tomorrow, as well? Send me some of that energy, please! I like your purchases; you've reminded me that I need to buy a new iron, myself. The one I have no longer steams and heats only at one temperature! I get frustrated every time I go to use it!

    Good luck with taking the photos and placing ads for all the no longer needed items. I hope they all sell and leave your house, quickly. I need to get back to decluttering, myself!

    Hope you have a good day and have fun at the monthly book group meeting, tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with my new iron ... on the plus side it heats up properly and ironing is so much easier now. On the down side, I have no excuse to avoid doing the ironing!

      These three busy days haven't taken too much energy ... mostly computer based, so seated in a cool room, with the knowledge that I will be doing nothing at all during August!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts