Wednesday


There's not much in the diary for this morning so I will be reading. Guess who has left it to the last minute to read this month's selection for the book group? Of course, because I've left it so late it is a big book ... 526 pages of fairly small print and I'm currently on page 85. I have until Monday to finish it, which sounds like plenty of time but I actually don't have much free time for the rest of this week so ... I'm starting to panic!

Last night's Girls' Night In was a success and we've agreed the date for next month. A has suggested renting a cottage and arranging a weekend away together which will be lovely if we can get it organised but finding a weekend we can all make with our other commitments will be a miracle. It doesn't help that I'm committed for most Saturdays with the band and when I am free, someone else isn't. And before someone asks ... I teach the new beginners and already have a couple of other Saturday trips booked so it isn't fair to the others to take any more time out. We've agreed our level of commitment and need to all stick to it.

This afternoon I'm meeting another adult band member, S, for coffee. We rarely get a chance to chat on a Saturday morning so it'll be good to catch up on his news and hear how things are going for him.

This evening, if I feel I've read enough of the book to give myself a chance of finishing it in time, I will do some more tidying in the garden or, alternatively will be stuck with my nose in the book and trying to speed through it!

Comments

  1. Some time away would be lovely for you all. Maybe something will come up. I do hope so.
    Good luck with that book. I tend to read during meals (very bad, I know) so maybe that would help.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read at mealtimes as well if I'm on my own, and in the bath which is why so many of my books have to be dried out after being dropped in the water!

      Delete
  2. Well hopefully it quickly becomes an excellent read & you cannot put down. I would like a girlfriends weekend get away, unfortunately the girlfriends I would go with, have cottages & they are away all summer ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy read and luckily I'm enjoying it but so far it's not one of those 'can't put it down' books

      Delete
  3. I hope you can arrange for that weekend away, somehow. Enjoy reading your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will happen. We all have to come up with ideas for next time we meet.

      Delete
  4. oh I hope its a book you're enjoying. There's nothing worse than having to read something you're not feeling the love for because you know you have a deadline in which to finish it.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it is an easy read and I'm enjoying it.

      Delete
  5. Well, I'm catching up on my blog reading and wondering if you finished the book on time. So I'd better get to the next post, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts