Monday


I received some fantastic news yesterday ... my friend Julie's eldest daughter is expecting her first child in February. R sent me a text addressed to 'Aunty Eileen' containing two scan images, so beautiful and I haven't stopped smiling since. Julie phoned me in the evening for a long chat as well.

That wonderful news cheered up a fairly dull day. Thankfully I went out for a walk early on as early in the afternoon it poured with rain. I'd decided against going out because rain was forecast but it was one of those really drab days where the house seemed dark and I had to switch the light on much earlier than usual. I had a bit of a lazy day as my knees were killing me after my walk so I didn't feel like doing much, but resting and taking it easy worked as expected, and within a couple of hours the pain was gone. Lesson learned!

It's supposed to rain every day this week so I'll be looking for indoor things to keep me amused. I may carry on watching the Friends series, or pop out to the library to choose a load of books. I have plenty of books here but none of them are grabbing my attention so a search through the library shelves should solve that problem. The library also loan DVDs so that's another option.

My joyful activity for today is to try a new recipe. I have all the ingredients for two new to me recipes - chicken balti or honey chili chicken - but I only have enough chicken to do one of them, so will make the decision later.

Comments

  1. A new baby is wonderful news. Please send the rain this way - we are in dry times, which is fairly typical for August. It's a holiday Monday for us, so not much proper meal prep - I get the day off (col); left overs & maybe a simple burger grill. Our library is a wonderful source for DVDs - we just watched every season of Vera over the course of the last month - George Gently has been suggested to us for our next series. I think I'd like to see if the library has Friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend the George Gently series ... we watched them all when they were first shown and loved them.

      I didn't borrow any DVDs this time - apparently the best day to do this is Friday as, according to one of the librarians, most people borrow them from Friday to Thursday, so early on a Friday you have the best selection to choose from. I've applied for an online login and then I can borrow eBooks etc from them as well.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to hear the news about a new baby! I'm glad the pain in your knees went away after resting. Enjoy trying out your new recipe, whichever one you decide to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant news isn't it. I did the honey chili chicken, which was okay but a bit too sweet for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts