Reasons To Be Cheerful In July

I'm joining with Lady Ella in her monthly review of Reasons To Be Cheerful. 
*****

Finding a reduced price hydrangea for the garden ... I love a bargain!


*****


Getting a free VIP ticket to watch 'Tipping Point: Lucky Stars' being recorded in Bristol. This is thanks to Lady Ella who, some time ago told me how and where to apply for these free tickets. This one was a spur of the moment decision as I didn't realise they recorded any shows in Bristol in front of a live audience until the email advertising the recordings arrived in my inbox.


*****

I went to see the local (amateur) Symphony Orchestra's concert - Music from the Movies which was brilliant and I loved every minute of it. This was actually at the end of June but I forgot to mention it in last month's post. 

It was also a timely reminder that there is plenty of entertainment available on my doorstep if I bother to look!

*****

I met up with S, a fellow adult band member, for coffee. It was a lovely opportunity to chat without the constant interruptions that happen at band and it was good to get to know more about each other beyond the fact that we both like music!

*****


The Girls' Night In was another resounding success, although once again we didn't get round to watching the film. It was however, a night of chatting, eating and laughing, fueled by plenty of tea and coffee. We will be repeating the experience again in August. 

*****


I gave my old Wii system, accessories and games to one of the young girls I teach. She was so excited by this unexpected gift and the huge grin was reward enough for me.

*****


Joining in with one of the themed walks organised by the local museum. It wasn't quite as informative as I'd hoped but it was a good opportunity to be out and about, and I had a pleasant chat with some of the other participants.

*****


This has been the month for rediscovering the canal with a handful of early morning walks. It's a safe environment to walk in and there's plenty of dog walkers about ... no need to stop and talk but being acknowledged with a smile or a nod of the head makes all the difference.

*****


We took the children busking in town, always a good morning. It was the first time for some of them and standing for two hours to play is tiring, so it was encouraging to see them smiling and still full of energy at the end of the session.

*****


Spending an evening with my nephew while he finished laying the membrane and gravel in the back garden. I love his sense of humour and the fact that he'll mention my late partner, which some people avoid doing. 

*****

Going to see a screening of the Andre Rieu 2019 Maastricht concert. It's always a feel good event and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

*****

Collecting Lauren from her new place of work and spending an hour with her as I drove her to a belated leaving do from her previous job. I love seeing her grow as an adult and am so happy that she still wants to discuss things with me.

*****

A cinema visit with friends to see the new 'Yesterday' film. I loved the humour and the Beatles music - I'd recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

***** 

Enjoying the end of year Presentation of Awards at band and celebrating another successful year with everyone. The high point was seeing the look of surprise on the face of the young girl who was awarded 'Most Improved Player'.

*****

Playing at the town's Civic Service and the band receiving a cheque for £1000 from the Trust. 

*****

Comments

  1. Such lovely memories. It cheered me up no end reading them, thank you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many reasons about which to be cheerful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely way if remembering everything.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! So many wonderful reasons. This is a lovely idea. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. It's a brilliant idea by Lady Ella and a lovely way of recording happy times.

      Delete
  4. You indeed have a cheerful July. Lovely reflection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always so much when I look back through my diary and this is a great way of remembering all of it.

      Delete
  5. That does all sound great. I hadn't ever seen Tipping Point till you mentioned it ... since then I've watched it twice! Both celeb editions. Has "yours" been on yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. They said it'll be about a year before it is screened.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts