Sunday


Yesterday was a quiet day at home. I kept myself busy in the morning, pottering about the house and garden catching up with all the little things - getting the August birthday cards ready for posting, adding to my shopping list for next week, refilling containers in the kitchen, tidying up the lavender in the front garden, changing the bedding, and starting a load of washing.

Late morning I stopped for brunch and was planning on going for a walk up to the village school and back (10 -15 minutes each way) but as I was getting ready to go out it started to rain so I abandoned that idea and went straight to plan B. This was to start watching the entire Friends TV series. I bought the complete set a couple of years ago and hadn't got round to watching many of the episodes so yesterday's joyful activity was to start watching series 1. I managed the first six episodes and will probably carry on watching it later today. As it turned out I could have gone for my walk as the rain fizzled out after a few minutes.

Today I got up early and went for a walk at Southwick Country Park. I did the circular route but have decided that it is probably a bit too much for my current non-existent level of fitness and the slight incline has set off the pain in my knees. Nothing too serious, just too much exercise too soon after doing very little ... I should know better!

As for the rest of the day, I have a couple of letters to write, would like to do some piano practice, want to go through the cupboards in the playroom to see what products I buy, and a pile of ironing is shouting at me from the corner of the dining room so I may have to give in and do that!

Comments

  1. I hope your knees feel better after a bit of a rest, Eileen. Enjoy the rest of the day and take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. The forecast is for thunderstorms this afternoon so I will staying indoors, most likely curled up on the sofa for an afternoon of reading.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts