Thursday

Coffee  #1 where I meet S on a Wednesday
The bulbs were delivered yesterday morning, a day earlier than expected. I had a text message to notify delivery by midday so, as I can't hear the doorbell in the back garden, I changed things around to reorganise some of the kitchen cupboards instead. After a quick lunch (soup and sandwich) I went to meet S for coffee, which was a pleasant break in the middle of the day and there's nothing better than time spent chatting and laughing with a friend. Then it was back home to spend a couple of hours sorting out the pots in the back garden.

Today I've reached the stage where most of the pots have been emptied and moved to their new positions, and I just need to move the three shrubs into the biggest pots and then place the newly emptied ones to the spaces I've chosen for them.  That's my first job and as soon as I've done that I will finish clearing the last flower bed. If I complete that in time I'll take all the garden waste to the skip to get it out of the way. If not it will have to wait until Saturday.

L is working in town today so will be calling in for a chat on her way home. I don't know how long she is planning to stay but once she leaves I'll make a start on planting the bulbs.

When I went out yesterday I realised that there's still plenty to do to tidy up the front garden. I don't know why I thought I'd finished as I clearly haven't, so that's been added to the list again!

Comments

  1. What a lovely profusion of flowers! Sounds like you've had a good day, yesterday, and another good day planned for today. Gardens tend to be a work in progress all the time! But, you'll get it all done, little by little. Hope you have a fun visit with L. Maybe she'll help you plant the bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The town centre looks very inviting with all the floral displays - part of the Trowbridge in Bloom annual competition.

      It's turned out to be too hot to do much outside, so I'm in the garden for about 20 minutes at a time and then back indoors to cool off and drink lots. As you say, little by little and it will soon be done. I'm going to ask L to help move one of the bigger shrubs today - it's a two person job.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to be able to potter in the garden, isn't it? I think we're so lucky to be able to do so. Five years ago (and before then), I was in a right stew by this time, spending all the hours I could in my classroom, getting things ready, sorting out cupboards and generally doing a major clear-out. This year - relaxing! So different.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. I can see my teacher friends getting ready for the new year and they are exhausted before the term starts, whereas I am enjoying my pottering about and slower pace of life. Bliss!

      Delete
  3. A very pretty place to meet with friends - I like that floral tower. What a lovely day you have planned. I need a day of just pottering in the garden. Oh yes, picked up "Bring Me Back" from library yesterday, I'm right into now - thanks again for recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it.

      I've stopped for lunch and plan to eat out on the patio. I abandoned the pots and washed the garden furniture in preparation ... there won't be many more days this year when it's warm enough to sit outside so I want to make the most of it. I'll get back to the pots after lunch!

      Delete
  4. Hello Eileen,
    Lots of chores and good coffee break!
    The heat has finally arrived, and I'm washing home clothes and curtains to enjoy the hot sun;)) !!
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good drying weather so a perfect day for laundering the household linen. I hope you manage to get it all done.x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts