Tuesday

I feel more human today! After a good night's sleep, a yummy breakfast, and an early morning walk, I'm ready to face the day.

First on the list is sewing the name tags on the uniforms and shortening two pairs of trousers, which won't take too long and then the rest of the day is free.


Next on the list is to finish my book. It's an easy read which I'm really enjoying and is the first page turner I've read in quite a while. It tops the list of any of books I've read recently so I will check with the library to see if they have any others books by the same author. 

It's supposed to be cloudy today but no rain, so the final thing on the list, and the biggie, is to clear the remaining flower bed and prepare some pots so that I'm ready to plant the bulbs as soon as they arrive, probably on Thursday. I'm not expecting any visitors today but should anyone turn up they will be roped into helping!

Tonight I will be Skyping with a couple of friends, hopefully arranging a mini holiday together.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you're feeling brighter this morning.
    I'm slowly working on getting uniform sorted here. Another quick trip to the store this morning, shouldn't take me too long. Name labels can wait for now.
    Holiday planning sounds fun. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my nephew and his wife told me how much the girls' uniforms had cost I was shocked. They're both still in primary school so I dread to think how much the senior school uniforms will be. I sew on the name tags every year - very little effort on my part but a way of helping out where I can.

      Delete
  2. Really glad ypou feel as if you're on the up again. The day sounds lovely and the evening very exciting. Where are you thinking you might like to go?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try somewhere in Norfolk as I've never been there. However both friends are true townies and will want a city break rather than countryside/beach, so I may suggest Edinburgh, London or Manchester. It all depends on the date and then looking round to see what events are on.

      Delete
  3. Ah a good night's sleep & rest does wonders. I ordered your book recommendation from the library yesterday - I'm the next in line. Ah yes time to turn my thoughts to bulbs - because of the squirrels I will be heavy on the daffodils as they won't eat. Tulips I like but squirrels looovvee them as a snack! Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I don't have to worry about squirrels so I've gone for more tulips than daffodils.

      Hope you enjoy the book.

      Delete
  4. Glad to read that you are feeling better, today. Sounds like you've planned a good day. How exciting to be planning a holiday with friends! Hope the day is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely day thanks Bless. We sort of have a plan for a holiday some time in the new year, hopefully a city break in London.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts