Sunday

the last of the lavender for this year
I'm having another quiet day at home. I seem to have had so many 'quiet days' lately but I don't have the energy or the inclination to do much more than the urgent stuff. I'll continue as I am until I have my heart scan at the end of this month and then see if the results of that make any sense of how I am feeling.

I was hoping to go out with my camera today but slept in too late to get to Longleat to photograph the massed hot air balloon ascent, and have since heard from a friend to say they may call in on their way back to Plymouth, so I'm staying at home as I'd love to see them.

So, apart from the possibility of visitors, I don't have anything else planned. I am too tired to weed the front garden so that will be done on Tuesday, as will the trip to the skip. I'll be visiting another school tomorrow so that's the reason it's put back a day. I do know I'll be curled up in front of the TV at 6:20 pm as ITV2 is screening Disney's original cartoon version of Beauty and the Beast, and for the rest of my time I will just do whatever takes my fancy. 

Comments

  1. Good for you. You've spent so much of your life doing things to someone else's schedule and requirement, doing whatever takes your fancy is something you have earned and deserve. I hope your friend does pop in - that would be lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They arrived at 1pm and stayed for about 3 hours. They arrived bearing food so we had an indoor picnic (R is on oxygen and wanted to stay inside where it's cooler) and a good gossip. I've had a brilliant afternoon and it's not long until Beauty and the Beast starts. They left the rest of the food with me so I won't need to cook tonight either.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Sunday to me, Eileen. Sundays are supposed to be days of rest, anyway. A restful Sunday with friends dropping in bringing food to share is one of the best. Hope tomorrow's workshops go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just watched Beauty and the Beast 🎶🎶 It's been a perfect day in so many ways ... friends, good food, mindfulness, music, a favourite film, and a good book to read until I go to bed. I am so lucky.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts