Friday

This morning was more about sorting rather than arranging to dispose of things. 


I wanted to look through all the things in these storage boxes and make decisions on what to keep, sell or donate. I know some of the doll's House stuff is in a couple of them but not sure what else is there. Ideally, most of the boxes will be emptied and can be stored in the garage, out of the way.

I've stopped for some lunch now (homemade tomato soup) and will read for a while. It's pouring down so I won't get out to the garden today which means that I might as well spend the afternoon cooking. I've invited a few people to a bring and share meal tomorrow (after I finish band practice), so will make a pot of chilli and a pot of vegetable soup in readiness. While they are bubbling away I will carry on with some sorting - the bookcase is in need of a good tidy, and then I'll continue listing the audio recording equipment and camera systems. 

I'm not planning on going out this evening so will draw the curtains on a dismal day and settle down for a cosy night watching some more of the Friends DVDs.

Comments

  1. Those are very nice bins. It is hard parting with things of those that we have loved & lost. I still have some of my Gran's needlework; I won't use for fear of wrecking, so I keep it in a bin, which is pointless then of keeping. Happy weekend - let's both keep our fingers crossed that the sunshine makes an appearance, I've had enough of the rain for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to keep all my card making stuff in them - they're some of the Really Useful™ boxes range. I'm not sure whether I have a need for them in the future but will store them in the garage for now.

      We have rain forecast every day for the next week so I'm not too hopeful of getting out to take my photos. Still better than snow though!

      I'm finding it so hard to let the last things go, even though I know deep down that I don't want to keep any of it.

      Delete
  2. I am still sorting stuff that I brought over from the other house. It does seem to go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never ending!! Have you finished all the renovations?

      Delete
    2. I liked those stacked boxes. I have a stack of plastic drawers, that look a little similar. Hope you've had a pleasant day and have a wonderful day, tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. I few bits still to do Eileen but nothing much.

      Delete
  3. Hello Eileen,
    Isn't easy to separate things that we like, but as your heart dictate you can go on separating and give the destination you find most appropriate.
    Good meeting with your friends enjoying your soup pot (I love it);).
    I wish you a great weekend.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. Progress is slow but I'm getting there!

      Delete
  4. That snapshot has me wondering what are in all those boxes, but I am even more curious to have a peek inside the bookcase. Cooking hot soup on a rainy day sounds divine. We are in for a rainy Monday here, but at least now I know what lunch could be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts