Thursday

yesterday morning - a misty start to the day 

I slept in late again but am not stressing about it. I'm taking notice of what my body needs so am sleeping and eating to my body clock rather than worrying about sticking to a routine for now. 

I had such a good day yesterday. S was poorly so we've rearranged to meet but that meant I was able to spend longer with J. I updated her on my decisions and we chatted through possibilities for other changes and ways of moving forward. I feel in a much better place emotionally than I did a week ago.

I'd originally agreed to carry on teaching the beginners at band but have decided to stop immediately. I agreed this with  S (a different S from the one I meet for coffee) who understands that I am making a complete break and said they will manage. I will hand over the accounts and the responsibility for the instruments within the next week, and will complete the folder checks with C as soon as possible. It was all very amicable and the door is open to return if I decide that's what I want to do. 

So now I am looking for something to do as a weekly activity. The singing group/choir is one possibility, and I will also try to make contact with the local 'Walking for Health' group. I'm looking for things where I'll be with other people rather than solo activities. The solo activities will happen but to start with my focus is on replacing the community/social aspect of the band as the loss of that is going to leave a massive hole in my life.

On to today and I have nothing planned. The new SIM card has arrived so I can deal with that and change over to the new contract but that will only take a few minutes, so it's probably going to be another lazy day filled with reading, piano, TV, and audio book. Oh, and plenty of food and mugs of coffee!

the swans have ventured away from the canal

Comments

  1. You sound happier now that you've made the decision to step back from the band, completely. I'm sure you will find other social activities in time. I like that misty morning photo and how lovely to see swans out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to have reached a decision and have spent a lot of time today looking at options for other social activities ... there are lots, so now I have to choose.

      The mist took ages to clear yesterday - today we've had rain instead. I love to see the swans but you have to be careful around them as they can be very agressive.

      Delete
  2. That's a big change & I'm sure it was a tough but necessary decision. Oh I think The Universe will gift you with many opportunistic. Lovely photo. Could this be a contended for the wall? Swans are something we are seeing more but not the native type. Between Canadian Geese & Swans, it's becoming very dangerous to walk a particular river area! I'm very respectful of their bite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get to Westonbirt (the National Arboretum) next week to photograph the autumn colour. I'm hoping to get a set of rusts, reds, oranges, and yellows for the walls in the hall so neither of these photos fit in with the images I have in my mind.

      Delete
  3. After retirement, it can take quite a long time to change the mindset and to start to understand what you truly want to do with the rest of your life. It's a big change, I know, but there's a world out there waiting to be discovered and enjoyed in whatever way works best for you.
    And both photos are lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I have lots of options and now can cherry pick the ones that suit this stage of my life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts