Wednesday

I'll start by thanking you all for the birthday wishes yesterday and to apologise for not commenting at all ... I was in my best birthday girl mode and just ran out of time! The birthday celebrations continue and today I'll be meeting S for coffee and birthday cake. Later this evening I will Skype with CB and her daughter to wish them both a happy birthday for tomorrow ... they will be out all day tomorrow for their annual 'Mum & Daughter Joint Birthday Celebration' so I won't get to speak to them if I don't do it today ... their celebration goes on for days!

I had a lovely time yesterday. The celebrations will continue all week so by Saturday night I will have spent time with all of the important and special people in my life. Christmas starts on Sunday!

As well as meeting up with S today I also need to find time to do some shopping for gifts. My own family is easy as I only buy for the under 18s who all prefer a gift of money, so that's no problem. I need to look for ideas for Julie and her four daughters though, who are most definitely not so easy to buy for. I need to put my thinking cap on!

Tonight will be spent at home, probably watching something on Netflix, and in between times I am plodding on with the meal planning for December. I'm making hard work of it this time and I'm not sure why as I'm trying to make as much use of the meals in the freezer as possible.  It should be a simple task but it's taking ages ... I can see it will be abandoned quite soon and I'll just do a lucky dip to choose the next day's meals. As long as a lot of the freezer stock is eaten and I am able to reorganise and refill in January I will be happy!

Comments

  1. Sometimes lucky dip works really well (within certain bounderies)and sorting out the freezer still gets done.
    Is Netflix worth what it costs?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pay the minimum fee of £5.99 per month so it's much cheaper than the cinema for me. There's not much I'm enjoying on TV at the moment so I have been watching lots of films and will soon move on to the many complete series available.

      I googled the list of films and programmes available on Netflix in the UK so knew there was plenty of choice before I signed up.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I will have a serious think about it.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a lovely day, yesterday, and will continue with the celebrations, today, too. Hope your day goes well and you enjoy doing all the things you've planned for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's only once a year so I am making the most of it!

      Delete
  3. Glad your birthday day was what you wanted (& needed). I am also dipping into the freezer & making something around what comes out - it's all in prep for the Christmas goodies that I'll soon be shopping for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the card and bookmark ... it's being used already.

      I always seem to end up with a selection of homecooked meals that are left because for some reason, I never choose to eat them. I don't know why because I like all of them but I suppose there must be other things that I like better which is why all of these are still uneaten. There are some UFOs as well, unidentified freezer objects where the labels have come off

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts