Friday

I want to complete the last of the Christmas related shopping this morning, leaving only one more trip on Christmas Eve, or the day before, for the fresh fruit and vegetables. I had an online delivery last night for most of the store cupboard items so today is for all the odds and ends. I also need to refill the petrol tank ... I'm very close to driving on fumes!

That should take up most of the morning and then after lunch I'll deliver the cards to my neighbours and get the remaining family ones in the post. I've really cut down on the number of cards I send to friends ... we're all doing a donation to charity instead. I'll be donating to the Motor Neurone Disease Association in Ced's name.

And that's about it for today. My Advent calendar to-do is to choose my Christmas Eve book so I'll use one on my birthday tokens for that when I go shopping this morning. I'm thinking of buying Erin Morgenstern' latest, 'The Starless Sea'; I enjoyed her previous novel 'The Night Circus' and rate it as the best novel I read back in 2015. If it's not in stock, then I'll just choose something else instead rather than ordering online.

The rest of the day will be taken up with piano, reading, and crossword puzzles. I'll choose a film to watch on Netflix and then have an early-ish night. It's a big day tomorrow ... the choir's Christmas concert!

Comments

  1. It sounds a lovely day to me. You're very organised about your Christmas shopping. I try to be but keep changing my mind.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get it all done before the end of November so this is late for me!

      Delete
  2. You have a really nice day planned, lots of need to blended in with some want tos. I caught up on yesterday's post - oh my that was quite the end to a rather nice day out. Thankfully you got home safe & sound, if not chilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished the shopping and am now back at home doing all the fun bits of the day.

      Yes, it was a rotten end to a great day but at least it was at the end of the day.

      Delete
  3. As someone else said, you are very organized. Hope you were able to buy your Christmas Eve book. Hope tomorrow's choir Christmas concert goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was out of stock so I bought another one from my list. Actually I bought two because it was buy one get another one half price so the book token covered the cost of both.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts