Friday

I slept on the sofa for most of yesterday, waking occasionally for eats, drinks or the toilet. By the time I surfaced from my sleepy state, (about 5 pm) I could feel the start of a headache so I wrapped up warm and took myself out for a short walk. Fresh air and some gentle activity was the perfect remedy and I arrived back at home, revived,  with the stirring of an appetite ... and a couple of photos for the WPSH ...

No. 4 | colours


No. 15 | letters


I'd bought a small turkey breast joint for my Christmas meals, marked as being enough for four portions but I don't each much meat so it stretched to five me-sized portions. I'll team the remaining portion of that with a heap of roasted root vegetables, including the parsnips I forgot to use on Christmas Eve, and a few steamed greens for my main meal today. I'll roast all the remaining root veg so the leftovers can be magically transformed into a tasty soup for tomorrow, hopefully leaving enough to freeze a couple of portions as well. 

I'm hoping to get out for another short walk today, maybe along the canal but nothing too strenuous. My legs felt like jelly when I got back yesterday so I won't walk as far today. I don't want to overdo things but I'm feeling a bit stir crazy and want the benefits of the fresh air.  

Comments

  1. Loving your meal plans - roasted veg make the most gorgeous soup.
    Have a super walk and I know you won't overdo it so it can only be good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time I got my act together it was too wet for a walk along the canal so I waited and walked around the back garden during a break in the rain. I got the fresh air I craved, so all is good.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear you are past the worst of it now. Take it steady today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I've had my fresh air fix for the day and am now tucked up indoors in the warm for (yet) another day of reading and TV!

      Delete
  3. I like your finds for the WPSH! Glad to see that you felt well enough to go for a walk and a bit of fresh air. Hope you have a restful rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I feel the pain of being house bound & a little stir crazy. It's now been 2 weeks of my "great illness" & while I really don't need a thing I want to get out to wander the shops, go for a walk, see something other than the inside of my home! We are going to through days of heavy fog & damp, which means no outside walks for me. I think you are having such great success with the WPSH.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts