Monday

I'm out and about today, firstly to see the doctor and get some more antibiotics if necessary. It's an open surgery so I just have to turn up and wait to see the doctor, which could take ages but can't be avoided. 

Once that's done I want to get the last bits of shopping. I can get everything in one of the big supermarkets so will go to the one nearest the surgery. If I don't feel up to the shopping today, Julie has offered to help out tomorrow but I am hoping to get it done so that it's one more thing ready and out of the way.

Then it'll back home to relax for the rest of the day. There's nothing I particularly want to watch on TV so I will settle down to watch a film or two on Netflix. Depending on energy levels I'll make some shortbread and mince pies but if I don't feel up to it, they can wait until tomorrow ... or I can always resort to begging for an emergency biscuit and pie parcel from my sister! 

Comments

  1. I like the idea of an open house surgery. It means you will definitely see someone at some point.
    Take it easy and try noit to get too tired.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only do it at Christmas and New Year. The rest of the time it is an appointment system. I had to wait about 90 minutes so not too bad. The good news is I don't need any more antibiotics, just have to finish the current course.

      Delete
  2. Good news to hear that you are feeling better. I cannot believe how low this super cold has laid me. I would really like to get out just for change of scene; I know I can send Mr Man to get the few things I still need, but I do like to pick the fresh veg myself, as the cook (col). Cheers to a good report from the doctor. We have a few walk in clinics (open to first come first serve)but they are usually only manned for a few hours a day & probably not over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to complete my shopping after I saw my doctor so I don't need to go out again. We have those walk in clinics as well but I went to my own doctor's surgery where it is usually by appointment but is an open surgery at this time of year.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling a tiny bit better. I watched the first episode of BBC's A Christmas Carol last night, very good, very dark! Worth a look. Merry Christmas Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping someone would mention the new Christmas Carol on BBC. I couldn't decide whether to watch it or not but will now find it on iPlayer - thanks for the review. Hope you have a lovely Christmas too xx

      Delete
  4. It's very good. Reviews have been mixed, its too dark for some. But, it is a dark story. Next episode tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching part one later and then will watch part two at 9pm.

      Delete
  5. Glad to read that you were able to see the doctor and you don't need more antibiotics. Glad, too, that you were able to get your shopping done. One less thing to think about. I like the fact that you can always appeal to your sister for an emergency parcel of biscuits and mince pies. :) I'm sure she'd be happy to oblige. Take care and feel well, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some goodies when I was out ... not quite as good as homemade but I am sure I'll enjoy it all the same. My sister still isn't well herself so it's less worry for all of us.

      Delete
  6. I’m glad you are feeling better, and that you don’t need any more antibiotics. I hope your sister feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts